Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wowzers....

this pain is NO JOKE!!! I'm not sure what happened but things took a considerable turn for the worst late yesterday afternoon.. the pain in my stomach, coupled by the constant gas pain in my shoulders/neck nearly brought me to tears. I knew that it would not be a cakewalk, but I surely did not expect to be hurting so much!! I've been popping the pain meds like candy (although drinking...)



Shannon got here yesterday which has been nice to just lay around and chit-chat. I went to bed last night around 8 and woke up around every 2 hours with some sort of pain or another. I've been drinking water and vitamin water and Isopure protein waters.. I did have some wonton soup minus the won-tons and etc.. last night. It was so good!!! the heat on my throat did it a world of good... I woke up with very little pain in my throat and was able to swallow much better.

Got to take a shower today and that might be the highlight of my day!! I got to check out my incisions, which didn't look nearly as bad as I thought they would. My stomach still looks very 5 months pregnant like and it's rock hard. We went out to get pedi's and then hit up Target and Old Navy and that was about all I could handle for the day.

I haven't really felt hungry which is interesting.. I had to force myself to have a protein shake and then some leftover wonton broth this afternoon.. this is definitely something I need to get used to.

So, that's about all the update I have right now. Thanks to everyone for their encouraging texts, calls and flowers!! My house looks like a florist shop right now!! Love it!!

***anyone have any ideas for a name for my band?? *** I'm taking suggestions!! Oh, and we did decide it's a boy b/c no girl would cause this much pain on another girl!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen - Congrats on being banded. I just wanted to say you sound very similar to me the week after I was banded, except that I was in tears with the shoulder pain. All that I can say was that I felt MUCH better within the week, so you'll get there. It did take me the full week after surgery, but I felt much better and had no shoulder pain after about a week and a half. The not being hungry thing is WONDERFUL! ;-) Good luck and ask us any questions that you have. We've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just googled boy names and Blaine means "light or thin". That's my vote. :) Sorry you are in pain right now. Sounds miserable. Gotta love the pain meds! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete