I knew it would happen sooner or later.. my chipper little love of these protein shakes would die and I knew there would come a day when I would beat down a co-worker for a taste of her bagel.. yesterday was the day it happened. It started with my morning jaunt to the cafe at work to get my iced tea with Jen. Jen proceeded to get a bagel and while we were riding up the elevator, all I could think of was, how do I get this bagel out of her hands and chow it down.. luckily the elevator doors opened and I snapped back into reality. Then, as the day progressed, and my meals continued to be unappetizing, I walked by another co-workers cube and saw not one, but two delicious looking blue frosted cupcakes.. it was rough to just pass her by.. but knowing that the blue frosting would give me away, I decided to forgo my urge..
I had my daily shake and it sucked the life right out of me..
On my way home, I called Timmy and he was telling me about his day and all words spoken after he mentioned the word "burrito" were a blur.. all I could focus on was that burrito and how jealous I was that he had the great fortune to be able to eat one..
So yeah, this pre-op diet was really hard yesterday.. not sure if it was b/c I was bored with my meals or just really hungry and wanting more, but the day sucked!!
Today is a little better. I tried a different pre-made protein shake and drank only 1/2 of it and allowed myself to some scrambled eggs, which may have been the best scrambled eggs ever consumed..
I know this will all be worth it and I just have to keep telling myself that. It's hard to imagine that a week from today, at this time, I will be banded for life.. it's been a long time coming. I know better things are ahead.
Speaking of better things.. yesterday while I was walking, I could hear my pants swishing together.. how annoying is that!! How I can't wait for that to not happen - for my thighs to slim down so my pants don't swish.. that's my number 10!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment