Well, Well, Well.. here we are.. the day before my life officially sucks for 2 weeks (or more!) I was officially cleared for surgery last night and I can't believe it's 2 weeks from tomorrow. Holy SMOKES!!! I met my surgeon.. he stared at me, we exchanged some pleasantries and he asked me if I had any questions.. I held off on "yeah, um, do you have a personality or all you all hands and brains??" So, then I got all the information I needed for the next couple of weeks, the day of the surgery and beyond. I have a lot of stuff to take care of pre-surgery like get my prescription filled for the pain killers, stock up on "clear" liquids for the first couple of days and generally just get prepared. Am I prepared?? My boss Justin was all 20 questions with me this morning asking me all sorts of questions about my mental readiness for this and while I kept saying yes, his questions did bring up a lot of thought in my brain! I really do think I'm prepared for all the changes. I was really frustrated with Timmy last night b/c I don't think he fully grasps how different things are going to be and how hard it will be at first, but I'm trying to come up with a way to drill it into his head.. any ideas??
So anyways.. tonight is my last supper.. technically I've been eating all day though! Lisa and I are going out to dinner tonight with an old co-worker tonight and I plan to eat some things that I won't be able to eat post-surgery like Chicken Wings and Grilled Cheese and some beer of course (total sidenote but I did find out that I will be able to have a beer or two around 2 months after the surgery - Yippee!!! ) and then tomorrow I start my pre-op diet of Protein Shakes and no carbs/sugar/carbonated beverages.. WISH ME LUCK!!
On to my list:
#16 - I want to be around to celebrate my 40th Wedding Anniversary with Timmy. My parents and in-laws both celebrated theirs this year and I really think that by doing this, I'm going to extend my life expectancy
#15 - I want someone to be able to give me a piggy back ride and not break their back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Can I be the first to give you a piggy back ride? Please????!!!
ReplyDelete