Work has been surprisingly NOT busy which is great. I figure I'll take a couple of days off and then log on from home early next week for a few days before I come back into the office. Thank goodness I have a reliable co-worker who can do my job while I'm gone!! That's a stress I WON'T have!!
Michelle and I carved pumpkins last night.. I gotta tell you, in theory, carving pumpkins sounds like fun, but in reality, it sucked!!! I don't know if Arizona pumpkins are overly hard but my arms are killing me this morning from putting the death grip on that pumpkin.. about 1/4 way through, I was done.. and not interested anymore.. but I perservered!!! Here is my creation:
I did get to spend some QT with my girl Kennedy though and I'm happy to announce that since her sabbatical from me, spent kicking up her heels in Nebraska, she no longer freaks out at the sight of me.. in fact, quite the opposite happens.. I think she's in love with me now!! YAY! cause the feeling is mutual.. Here's a cute pic of KD - she's doesn't quite have the dexterity to carve pumpkins yet so we just let her lay on one instead:
So people keep asking me if I'm nervous about the surgery and I admit while there's a little nervousness, I'm not really so much so. I think excitement is overruling any nervousness. PLUS, I did a little digging this weekend and found some blogs of some gals who've also had the surgery and that has helped a ton in giving me insight as to how things go. So, my number 3 is to get this surgery over and have people stop asking me if I'm ready!! Yes, I'm READY!!!
Happy big 4-0 to my brother Jeff today!!! He's officially an old man now!!

Your pumpkin is wonderful and so is that little "pumpkin" KD. Love you, Mom
ReplyDeleteGood luck! We will be happy to welcome you to the banded side soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm serious when I say there needs to be a warning on the pumpkin kits regarding possible arm, hand, neck and shoulder soreness after use. Who knew? Next year we're painting 'em. :)
ReplyDeleteJen,
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking about you tomorrow. You'll do great! Love, Susan