Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

I am 38 today.. gosh, how did I get to be so old?? The only thing I keep thinking today is at least I'm not 40 yet!!! I thought I'd be so much further on in life at 38 than I am.. you know, owning a house (even though I've already done that twice), having a couple of kids, financial stability.. all the things you expect to happen at this age. BUT, for me, life is much different than that. I have a great life, no lie, and am thankful for all the things I DO have and try not to dwell on the things I don't. I know that in today's day and age, people are settling down later in life, having kids later, but I just keep thinking, "I'm going to be in my 50's when my kid is learning how to drive.." that's a frightening thought!! Not that being in the 50s is old.. heck, my parents and my aunts and uncles seem like spring chickens in their 60s and 70s now.. I'm hoping it's all in the genes and I'll pick up that trait as well!!

So, enough of the pity party.. my birthday has been GREAT!!! My work peeps are all awesome and we all went out to lunch together. Tonight, I'm going out with Michelle and Joy for din-din.. and then tomorrow night, a couple of girlfriends and their spouses and I are going to see Angelah Johnson, a hilarious comedien. Unfortunately, this will be the first "dry" birthday I've had in like 20 years since I'm following the pre-op diet to a T and there's no drinking allowed.. oh well, I'll be the designated driver I guess!! :)

I'm skipping a couple of numbers to get back on track!! Cheating I know..

So, my Number 7 is: So I don't have to give excuses for being over weight. I was talking with a woman I work with yesterday and I was telling her that a lot of my weight issues are b/c of my thyroid issues, but the reality is, my thyroid is only 1/2 the issue.. I over eat, I enjoy food and I eat too much.. I'm tired of talking about!!! I'm so glad I'm doing this next week!!

Happy Weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jen! Don't worry about having kids later in life, I had Emma when I was 40 and we are doing just fine.
    My Mom told me about your Blog and I have following it for awhile.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to see the reveal! :-)
    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy b-day to you and many more!
    october b-days rock!good luck next week :)
    Love Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sus - well, I've said all along, you are my role model!!!

    Emma - October b-days do ROCK!!! Tomorrow is yours!!! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete