So tomorrow is the big day. I gotta admit, I had a couple of moments today where I was SERIOUSLY nervous.. I was stressed and not very nice at work. But, I went to get my hair did after work and that seemed to relax me a bit. I picked up my prescription for my pain killers on the way home (Definitely do not want to forget those!! ) and I'm ready to go to bed!!
I have to get a little mushy (how appropriate since most of my food will be in a couple of weeks) but I have to say how grateful and appreciative that I have so many people who support me whole-heartedly in this decision. I haven't ever once questioned my decision to do this and with the exception of a couple people who have my best interests at heart and expressed concern, everyone has been unbelievably behind me. I started out keeping this decision a secret and told a couple people at a time party b/c I was ashamed that I had gotten to this point, but partly b/c so many people don't understand my struggles. But, once I started telling people, the positiveness was so overwhelming that I wasn't afraid to talk about it much anymore. For that, I' m truly gratelful and extremely fortunate to have such wonderful friends and family in my life.
Ok, so on to my number 2 and number 1.. my number 2 is something that came to me today.. I was smooshed into a 1/2 booth with Jen and Jen at lunch and was eating my usual salad (which, BTW, I'm so NOT going to miss those salads for a while!) and sure enough, I dripped on my shirt. Which is pretty much a daily occurance.. you see, when you are a big girl, lots pops out underneath your face and things just seem to fall on your chest.. I swear it is one of my biggest annoyances!!!
So, my number 1 is really simple.. I am having this surgery to simply GET ON WITH MY LIFE.. that's it.. nothing major, really anti-climactic but so very impactful... Like my BFF Shannon said to me tonight as she called to wish me luck, this is just the next Chapter in my life.. I couldn't have said it better....
xo,
js
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay!! I am so glad you are home ok. Let me know when it is ok for the troops to start pouring in and visiting!
ReplyDeleteYou did it - we're so proud of you. You're a true inspiration to all of us. Love you Dad and Mom
ReplyDelete