There are no truer words than that!!! I am a long way from skinny but I can guarantee when I get there that I can list about two-hundred-eleven things that taste a whole hell of a lot better than skinny will feel!!!
I am in officially in love with Jen Lancaster, the writer of this book!!! She even has a website that I am now stalking: http://www.jennsylvania.com/ .. she's hilarious! And she could be any one of us who have ever had a weight problem!! I'm sending my copy of the book to Amy and she said she'd pass along as well once she's done!!! It'll be like a little bandster book club! :)
Anyhoo.. back on to some really random things today.
* thanks for your concern about my puking situation this past weekend. I appear to be over the hump and able to keep food down today. I ate some grits for breakfast, some cottage cheese and cucumbers for lunch and just now, for a snack, had 1/2 granola bar and some goldfish (that I stole from our cafe downstairs.. stolen food tastes better yo) while I was lifting the cup my stolen goldfish were in to my mouth, I caught a glimpse of a smiley face on a goldfish.. UM, hello?? How did I not know that goldfish had smiley faces on them? I have polled a few of my co-workers and gotten some pretty "are you an idiot?" looks and apparently, most goldfish have faces.. hmmm.. clearly I have been missing out! (UPDATED to add: I should really say that I didn't really "steal" the goldfish from downstairs.. I did take them but they are out for putting in soup, so technically, they are free!! Just needed to add this so my mother can sleep tonight and not think that I might be headed to the slammer for goldfish theft!)
*as Rod Roddy would say .. we got "A NEW CAR" this weekend. Although, Rod would be wrong b/c it's not a "new" car but a "new" USED car.. either way, I love it!!! Here is a pic, not of my exact car but of the one we got.. I think mine is a little darker blue but it's an Infiniti FX 35 and it's a beaut..
So all is right in the world and we are again a two car family again.. thankyousweetbabyjesus!!!!
*So, today I was emailing/bitching to my co-workers about a girl who works in our building who never ceases to point out EVERY.LITTLE.THING.YOU.DO.WRONG... yet by no means is a perfect little princess.. basically I was just emailing my buddies the way I would have handled a situation that occurred. Well, my boss walked into my "workstation" (still cracks me up that we call them that.. they are CUBES!) and I didn't realize my email was up that I was writing and of course he looks at it and says, "wow, who are you talking about??" so the truth is out, I'm not the all happy happy sunshine type he thought I was..! Oops!!
**Finally, I went to Old Navy yesterday to get some t-shirts to kick around in and decided to try on some jeans. Now, I normally only can fit into tops there and usually have to order pants/jeans from online plus sizes.. but I decided to try on some jeans and shocker of all shocker, the largest size they had FIT ME!!!! I almost squealed right there in the fitting room!! So, of course I purchased them! AND to top it off, they were on clearance already and they took off another 50% so they were, get ready for this.. $5.00.. now that is a DEALIO!!!!
I'm out to get some more work done!
xo,js



Good luck with the new car...you are gonna love it!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the new car! And so glad you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteYou, me, new wheels and Yogurtology???
ReplyDeleteGod, I love me some old navy.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I'm not the only one who finds their co-workers homicicable..........
Nice car (SUV?).
ReplyDelete