Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bugged with the Band...

Oy, let me tell you something..  a stomach bug is the last thing you want with a lap-band!!! Believe me, I know this to be true b/c I have been having a rough go of it the last couple of days!!
All started yesterday morning when I woke up feeling kind of meh..  I had gone out the night before to a new place in Scottsdale for my friend Jordana's last day at work shin-dig..  I wasn't hungry so I didn't order any food but kind of "picked" off everyone's plates a little.. nothing major. I had two beers, nothing too earth-shattering.. passed up on the Patron shots that everyone was doing, drank lots of water etc..  so yesterday when I woke up, I couldn't figure out what was wrong with mah bellly..   so I grabbed a little string cheese and as soon as I swallowed, up it came..  as did everything from that point on. Michelle and I went to get gifts for our friend Joy's 4 year old (her birthday party was last night and I ultimately had to end up missing it) and then we thought we'd grab a bite to eat at the mall.  I wasn't seated more than 5 minutes and I had to run to the bathroom after taking one bite of my food.  I probably threw up 4 times during that time, then we went into a store and I felt the puke coming on hardcore again. Had to ask the salesperson to borrow their bathroom and she was a little hesitant until I said "I'm seriously going to throw up NOW' and then she showed me the way!!!   I puked again in the parking lot (yes, in the parking lot - TWICE!) and then again in a another store and it's parking lot.  Poor Michelle for having to see all of this!!! :) 

Finally got home and got sick once more and then just decided to not drink or eat anything for the remainder of the day!  We went car shopping and luckily no major issues there (bought a  car BTW!!!  Will post pics soon!! ) but then we went to grab a bite to eat and once again, as soon as I put something into my mouth, off I ran to the restroom.. 
It's one thing to be sick and have a stomach bug but as you all know, it's another to have it when you have the band and you have to think and hope that you aren't doing any major damage to your band or causing it to slip. 
I woke up feeling a little better today. So far, I have just had an egg and haven't had any issues. And drinking water seems to be ok as well.   I at least can contribute my 3lb loss to something today right?? 

Hope you are all doing well and having a great weekend!!   xo,js

Oh, to answer Gen about Yoga - I take my yoga class from a studio here in Scottsdale that actually comes to my work multiple times a week (we have a yoga studio in house at work) and I think it's just basic Flow or something like that. I love it!  Oh, and Kristin, GREAT idea about taking the class and that combatting my loneliness!! I think I'm going to sign up at the actual studio!! 

5 comments:

  1. Jen,
    Take it easy.. if your nausea persists ask your doctor to call in a script for compazine or zofran, you do not want to vomit with the band. I asked my doctor about this specifically and he said if you do get a bad stomach bug come in and I will do an unfill until you are over it.. He told me I could risk a band slippage.. not to scare you.. but he was pretty serious to me when he said this.... be well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my surgeon also prescribes zofran for bugs...i'd get some, even if just for next time.

    get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, so sorry. The Zofran advice sounds good.

    Thanks for the yoga info! How cool that they come to your work!!!!

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awful, Jen. I'm so sorry. I had to laugh, though, because you sound like your usual peppy self even when you're talking about a horrible stomach bug.

    We'll miss you in Chicago. It won't be as much fun without you, but something tells me you'll be able to enjoy yourself at your friend's bachelorette. ;)

    ReplyDelete