Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's her party and she can cry if she wants to...


And that, my friends, is EXACTLY what a certain little 1 year old did today at her birthday/Easter party!!!  This sweet little girl got some cake on her hands and all hell broke loose!!  Apparently she is not a fan of dirty which I'm sure her mother is THRILLED about and will be happy to see in her upcoming years... 

Her screams were so loud that little Jake G even said "can we turn the volume down a little" to which, everyone took another gulp of their alcoholic beverage!!! 

It was hilarious and cute!!  KD cried for like a minute and then was totally fine.  She didn't seem to care much for her own birthday cake but word on the street was that she gobbled much of her Nonnie's (grandma) piece..  

We had a very nice lunch at the Hokenstad house, celebrating Easter for a 2nd year with them and our other friends, the Goldens.  The food looked amazing!! I only had a couple of bites before I got stuck and had to excuse myself to the restroom..  I did end up eating just a little of the green bean casserole I made and some delish potato casserole and corn casserole.. I seriously think I could live on casseroles alone!! They are VERY band friendly for me.  And of course, there was the CAKE!!!  Once I got unstuck, the cake was my BFF...  so yum!

Yesterday, we went over to our friends whom we haven't seen in about 5 months to watch the Michigan State/Butler game.  Sad for the Spartans, but happy they made it as far as they did.  Nicole and Clay are the type of friends I love.. super low maintenance.. we don't see each other for 5 months and we pick up just as if it was yesterday... 

Spa Friday was divine...  my massage was awesome and we spent the majority of the day laying out by the pool (heated!!) and I got FRIED!!! Kind of forgot to put on the SPF!! Thankfully, it's faded quite a bit..

I really don't want to go to work tomorrow!! Would love an extra week off, you know?  But, fortunatley, we start traveling soon so I'll be using up some vacay time soon!!!

I sent my weekly weight in for the Bathing Suit Challenge and I'm down 3.6 from last Sunday.. Woot!!! this fill MUST Be working!!! 

Hope you all had a great weekend, whether you celebrate Easter or not!!! 

Have a great week!
xo,js

7 comments:

  1. You have the lovliest smile.....I don't know many kids that didn't cry on their 1st birthday!!! You beat my weight loss by .08lb.....congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! Jealous about that fill. Mine is not so great this time...Spa day sounds PERRRFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful in that picture! And those are the best kind of friends!

    I didnt FORGET about the SPF this weekend, I just underestimated the power of the sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Nice on the weight loss, I'm up from last week and I've gained 4pounds since my lowest from the fill. But I was tight, so 2 of that is probably water, the other 2 are chocolate. ;-) I'm thinking Wed May 5th for dinner does that work for you? I just reached out o my mom to make sure she didn't plan anything for that night, so I'll confirm once I know but just wanted to test the day with you! So excited to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great that you lost 3.6 since last Sunday! You are really rocking this band girl...wow...50+ pounds...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great that you lost 3.6 since last Sunday! You are really rocking this band girl...wow...50+ pounds...awesome!

    ReplyDelete