Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jump Rope Anyone???

Remember back in the day when as kids we would jump rope for fun? Then as we got older, we realized what a good workout (cardiovascular) jumping rope was even though we (most of us) didn't do it??  Well, when I was at the gym the other day, I noticed this very large, very thick rope sitting in the corner. Curiously, I asked Kathi what it was for and she replied, it's for working out.. and I thought that was the end of the discussion.  Then, on Tuesday night whilst watching the Biggest Loser, I noticed that they were using this rope thing and swinging it back and forth and I even said to Timmy, "we have one of those ropes at the gym.. how ironic that thay are doing it on BL".. 

WELL...  today, guess what I did at the gym? I swung that rope like a maniac. I thought I hated kettlebells, but they have nothing on this stupid rope!!! Talk about getting your heart rate up in about t minus 2 seconds..  I was sweating balls and near hyperventilating..  swear words were free-flowing out of my mouth.  That damn rope must have weighed 300lbs..  (kathi swears it weighs only 75 lbs..whatever) I gotta tell you the exercise does not look hard when you watch it on a video or look at a picture. I dare you to try to go for more than a minute and not get winded..


Moral of the story, never bitch about the kettlebells or the TRX system outloud (or in a blog) b/c you might find yourself doing something worse..  now I can't go back!!!

**kind of funny, but as soon as I was done bitching about the ropes, Kathi said "this will end up in the blog for sure!" - she knows me too well!!***

3 comments:

  1. jumping rope is hard. i used to do it at lpac. also, when you are clumsy, not only are you sweating bullets, but you are also tripping all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go skinny!!! Jumping rope is totally awesome exercise and takes major skill and coordination-- now just how sore are you after that???

    hugs and kisses!!

    ReplyDelete