Sunday, March 7, 2010

Brew Crew, Fun and OSCAR picks!!

Spring Training has begun!!! yahoo!  Timmy and I went to the Brewers game yesterday which was glorious!!! It was super sunny, 80 degrees, pretty perfect.  No beer for me, not even a hotdog!!  I did have some peanuts, which helped make the day worthwhile!!  The Brewers killed the Giants 12 - 1 so all in all, good day!!!

I went out for happy hour with some work friends on Friday night and spent quite a bit of time defending my decision to lay off the booze for awhile.  Most people know I have the lapband and understood that I wanted to test myself to see if my introduction back to booze after 2 months off after surgery had anything to do with my recent plateuing on my weight loss..  HOWEVER, it was trying to say the least. There is a lot of peer pressure when at happy hour!!!  I had a really good time though!!!

I worked out with Kath yesterday morning and did some cardio after for about 45 minutes.. I couldn't do an hour.. I was too tired!!! My shoulder is killing me lately and today it's at it's worst.  So, I'm not working out today. Instead, I plan to stay in my PJs and make a date with my DVR. 

So, on to my Oscar Picks..  Oscar Sunday is one of my favorite days of the year!! This year, I set a goal to see all of the 10 (why did they  have to decide to do 10 movies??) of the Best Picture nominees..  Well, I fell short of that goal by 2..  I did not see District 9 - mainly b/c I did not WANT to see that movie and didn't want to justify the ridiculousness that it was even picked for an Oscar - and I didn't see "A Serious Man" - this was b/c for months I thought that "A Single Man" was nominated and then last week I opened up my Entertainment Weekly and saw that I was wrong and it was " A Serious Man" was nominated.. HA!!!  And my friend Windi (Whom I trust completely as a movie critic) said that "A Serious Man" was crapola...  So, here are my picks.. I have who I think will win and who I wish would win:

Best Supporting Actor:

Who will win:   The guy from Inglorious Bastards (Christolph Waltz)
Who I wish will win:  Same as above - he was CRAZY good in this movie..  total freak

Best Supporting Actress:

Who will win:  Mo'Nique (Precious)
Who I wish will win:  See above - - she was AMAZING.. and a monster. The movie was disturbing and she made it so...


Best Actor:

Who Will win:  Jeff Bridges (Crazy Heart) - he's won every other award and I guess he's really good in this movie
Who I wish will win:  Clooney - loved him in Up in the Air.. it was one of my favorite movies this year.  And I just love him in general!!

Best Actress:

Who will win:  Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side)
Who I wish will win:   Jul.. oops I mean Meryl Streep (Julie and Julia) - she was unbelievable and yet so believable as Julia Child.  I've always loved her in everything, but she had my heart after this movie.. I wish they would have just called the movie Julia and gotten rid of the Julie part!!! :)

Best Movie:

Who will win:   Hurt Locker or Avatar (please God, do not let it be Avatar)
Who I wish will win:   Up in the Air - one of my personal faves; An Education - the other personal fave - if you have not seen this little known movie - run to see it..  I loved, loved, loved it.. and the girl in it.. she's going to be a MAJOR star!!!; or Hurt Locker - totally intense, more like a documentary than a movie and really really good..

there you have it!! I hope there are some surprises b/c it seems like people are pretty set on knowing who will actually win and that makes things boring!!! 

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

xo,js

6 comments:

  1. Ah 80 degrees...snow still on the ground here...sigh.

    Can't wait for the Oscars, but I haven't seen many of them...Meryl Streep was awesome as Julia! Can I just say DH and I didn't get the buzz about the Hurt Locker...and we usually love movies like that...we liked it, but love?..maybe we were too distracted at home as we're always stopping and starting things with kid interuptions LOL. Enjoy your evening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics for the Oscars - lets see how good you are lol. I love Meryl Streep too. Is there anything that woman cannot do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops that was picks too, not pics.. its too early, haven't woken up yet lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on holding strong at happy hour. Bet you'll see a difference in the weight loss. Alcohol has so many calories (I say this as I'm sipping red wine, lol).

    I'm also a big Oscar fan. But I don't think I'll be able to stay awake for the whole thing tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your picks!!
    Did you enjoy the show? I was in bed... but better today.
    Thx for all the support on my blog.
    I hope to see you in Phoenix one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  6. cristoph was truly amazing in inglorious basterds. totally deserved to win.

    i did not care for up in the air. total downer.

    ReplyDelete