Now, that sounds really bad, b/c really, it's not like my nights leading up to this booze hiatus were all filled with nightly debauchery.. but I've now been to two spring training games, three happy hours and have not had anything besides a sip ( I wouldn't even mention those sips except that a couple of my girls who I had a sip from their glass read my blog and they would totally call me out if they read that I hadn't had a sip!! ) We all know that I do enjoy a drink every once in again.. so, what am I finding myself doing lately?? Taking pictures OF MYSELF!!! Every game we've been to.. there I am taking pictures with my phone.. trying to get the perfect angle.. not sure why photography has taken the the place of a cold beer, but it has.. so here are some of my current observations:
1. I only want to be photographed from here on out UPSIDE DOWN.. check out this chin!! and those almond shaped eyes!!!
2. While I was sitting in the living room last night, i noticed that my trusty watch is now getting way to big for me and I can pull it straight off my wrist without unhooking it. This is major b/c my watch has almost always been a little snug on my wrist.. glad to know that I'm losing somewhere!! Also, notice in this picture, the ever present crossing of the legs that I consider my greatest NSV to date:
3. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am not a fan of sleeveless anything.. my arms have always been a sore subject for me. Well today, I'm declaring myself a sleeveless wearer. I am no where near where I want to be with my arms but they are looking better, thanks to my fabulous Kathi! And today, I was outside, in a tank top, getting some sun and reading and when I was getting ready to come in, I checked myself out in the doorwall and was like "damn, girl, you are starting to look a little good.. your waist is starting to actually have some definition and your arms aren't all that bad.." so I struck my best Amy pose and am sharing it for all the world to see.. Sorry if the quality on these pics is less than perfect. The Iphone doesn't take the greatest pics!!
Well, I'm off tonight for a co-workers birthday party. Should be fun, minus the fact that the wine will be flowing and someone mentioned "bottle service". Seriously, I'm actually doing fine with this no-booze thing.. I'm not really Crazy, party of 1 here!! I just like to have a little fun with the situation!!!
Finally, I leave you with my favorite picture of the past two days.. my girl KD.. she'll be one in two weeks and can't wait for her big party!!
xo,js





Okay...seriously? You live three blocks from Pita Jungle??? MY FAVORITE! The lemon garlic hummus from that place rocks. Hilarious...I was just talking about it yesterday.
ReplyDeleteLet me know when in May you're coming. We'll have to plan a bandster brunch, or drinks or something!
You. Look. AWESOME.
ReplyDeleteSeriously.
great chin! had to get my watches shorten a couple weeks ago, too!
ReplyDeletei hear ya on this sober thing.... wasn't something i planned for or expected and i am sooooooooo BORED. i am kind of scared to hit hard liquor again.... not sure of my tolerance. don't wanna puke either.
awesome,Jen!!! You look amazing and all the pix rocked.
ReplyDeleteLooking great girl! The sleeveless thing reminds me of my mom. She did it when she moved to AZ and said, I look good and will never be perfect. It's all about loving yourself! So proud of you!
ReplyDeleteYou look Marvelous - can't wait to see you in person in May
ReplyDeleteLookin' good!
ReplyDelete