Hey all!! Well, yesterday was my 5 month date! AND, I did it!! I finally hit 50 lbs! (I actually hit it on Saturday, and then went up again, and then down again and then up and then down.. you get the picture) but today, I was down another 1.2!! Yahoo!!!!
Anyways, I'm very thrilled with my progress. I know it's not 50 lbs in 5 months, but close enough.. (I count since my pre-op diet started). I was chuckling to myself (yes, I do talk and laugh to myself sometimes.. ) b/c whenever I think / say the word 50, I think of Sally O'Malley from SNL (Molly Shannon) which then makes me think of Shannon, my BFF, b/c she used to love this character!!! Here's a clip if you have no idea what I'm talking about.. seriously still cracks me up!!
So, onward and downward right?? I think I'm actually starting to feel what it's like to be near the Sweet Spot.. I don't eat a ton and I'm not always hungry like I used to be. I have to say I like this feeling!! I have a fill on Thursday that I'm still going to keep. So, what has changed for me at 50 lbs down?
1. I'm down 2 sizes
2. I'm so much more confident with myself. I carry myself a little differently. I know I have a long way to go, but I just feel much better about myself.
3. I am a workout machine now and instead of making excuses to not go work out, working out is my new excuse to not do other things..
4. I still eat whatever I want, just in much smaller quantities ( I know that if I changed this, I may be down more, but I'm OK for now on my progress)
I still have a very long way to go but I'm going in the right direction.
So, I promised myself that I would do something for myself when I hit 50 and I'm heading to the spa on Friday for a nice, long, massage.. I can't wait! I can't remember the last time I got a massage. Right now, I'm in so much pain from my recent workouts with Kathi that Friday can't come soon enough. I have a whole other blog dedicated to my hatred of ketel bells / exercise balls alone..
Ok, I'm out! Loads of work just sitting at my desk waiting to get done. Hope you are all having a great week!! And hopefully, you all are lucky and get a short week too!!!
xo,js
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

WOW! 50 lbs. You are a rock star!
ReplyDelete50 lbs! What an accomplishment! You're doing great. Enjoy that massage and keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete50! Spa Day! That was my reward too when I hit 50! congrats! :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go! So proud of you!
ReplyDeleteFar out! 50 pounds down is an amazing weight loss so far. How well have you done! ... (no question mark there, cos we already know!)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your spa day - you truly deserve it.
Fifty pounds is phenomenal!! You look beautiful, your smile just lights up your face in every picture. I bet your husband is thrilled that you're so much happier and comfortable with yourself. You've earned that massage, so enjoy every minute of it.
ReplyDeletePS You spelled kettle bells like the vodka. ::chuckle:: A girl after my own heart...
You are doing fantastic!! 50 lbs is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI agree, you deserve the Spa Day!
Hey Lady! So, I'm coming to Arizona May 3rd (Mon) - May 8th (sat). Let me know if you're available during the week for a Pita Jungle meet up. I can meet you for lunch or dinner whichever you prefer! So exciting!!
ReplyDelete50lbs. Wow, that is fabulous. I wanted you to know I have nominated you for a blogger award, check it out on my latest post.
ReplyDeleteI went to follow your blog and somehow started following myself, haha! Thank you for checking out my blog- can't wait to read your story!
ReplyDeleteWow...told you you could get there....awesome news. Enjoy your spa
ReplyDelete