Saturday, March 20, 2010

I did it.. and I can't believe it..

Today, I not only tried on, but bought shorts.. I don't think I've owned a pair of shorts in at least 10+ years..  but I gotta admit, despite the pasty whiteness and horrible dry skin patches on my legs, they look pretty darn good in these shorts!! 

I did not wear them but I will someday soon, once I have some color on my legs.  this is HUGE people!!!  Might not seem like much but for me, this is a major milestone for me. 

So, I went to my 4th baseball game in under 3 weeks.. like I said to someone today, if this doesn't qualify me as the "good wife", I don't know what will.. actually when Tim heard me say that, he said, this qualifies you as "the AWESOME wife"..  smart man..

Speaking of baseball, we normally sit in the lawn section but today we spent the big bucks and sprung for some box seats (a whopping $21/person!) and this ass did not only fit into a seat but fit comfortably without any spill-over..  SAWEETTTTTTT..

Had a pretty rough week at work so I had a beer last night while out watching some college B-Ball.. it was needed and appreciated!!  I did get a promotion this week that was majorly overshadowed by some other crappy things that went on, but nevertheless, it happened, and I was excited!!! I would blog all about the crappiness but I have some work friends who follow me and it would be inappropriate to write about.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!
xo,js

9 comments:

  1. Oh no - it IS a big deal. Wearing anything that shows off our legs after so long hiding them.. is a major NSV.. so congrats!!!

    Hope you enjoyed your beer. Sounds like a nice night out! A nice drink after a hard week is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a major NSV!! you should be very proud of it. congratulations. have a nice week end

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...shorts? fitting comfortably in a chair at a ballpark? Getting a promotion? All great NSV's!!!

    Beer? move on, no biggie.

    Congrats on all of the above!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you buying shorts! I am "thinking" about doing this myself soon. Gotta get out that tan in a tube though first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pictures, please!!!!
    Congrats on the promotion ... sorry the week wasn't good in spite of that great news.

    Beer: you can drink it? The carbonation doesn't bother you?
    Discuss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shorts - Major NSV!!!!! I'm not sure I will ever go there unless I get lipo on my naturally fat knees...Skinny knees are underrated! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a few NSV's congrats. you just made me realise why no-one I know follows my bog...it would be too REAL for some....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen, I just found your blog. My husband and I are from AZ. We have been moving around the country for the past 7 years and ended up in NW FL. We have decided to stay here, the only bummer is all 5 of our kids and our grand kids and family are in AZ. We visit 2-3 times a year though. BTW, I can't wait to wear shorts again...you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the promotion and the shorts! I haven't worn shorts in years so I can appreciate the victory for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete