Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Looks Like I Picked the Wrong Week to Stop....

Anyone remember this line?  "Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!"

I only remember b/c my friend Jen said it the other day and boy can I relate this week!!!  I'm on Day 2 of no sugar and/or caffeine.  Day 1 was fine.. felt great all day but today, I woke up with a blinger (ode to AJ) of a headache and have been grumps all day long. So much so that my boss offered to give me something called Zipp Fizz to break the caffeine fast so that I could go back to my normal self..  that's how grumpy I am.  I'm hoping that Zumba wakes my ass up this evening!!  I guess I didn't realize how much caffeine affected me until I decided to try to give it up. I normally only averaged about 2 iced teas a day but wow, they must have been powerful iced teas!! :)

Hope you are all having a good week so far!


8 comments:

  1. I totally remember that line from Airplane. What a funny movie!

    I don't think there's ever a good week to stop sniffing glue...or eating sugar and drinking caffeine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Airplane! Hope you have a good Zumba class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry (and I may have had one glass to many of the pinot grigio this evening) but what would make you give up caffeine and sugar at the same time? Did i miss a post??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry (and I may have had one glass to many of the pinot grigio this evening) but what would make you give up caffeine and sugar at the same time? Did i miss a post??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry (and I may have had one glass to many of the pinot grigio this evening) but what would make you give up caffeine and sugar at the same time? Did i miss a post??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again, I am totally with you on the sugar but caffeine..really. Why?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried a couple times to give that stuff up-it hurts! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those headaches suck HUGE!
    You will do it! Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete