Thursday, August 26, 2010

Loose Ends, Sisterhood, and Babbling...

  • I'm so excited today!!!  I am actually getting something from the Sisterhood!! Thanks Nella!! I've never received (or asked) anything from the sisterhood but have sent lots out thus far and I have lots more to send. Amy is my usual person that I send stuff to but she's so quickly shrinking that she's now pretty much caught up to me, soooo, if anyone needs some clothing items in size 20/22ish, let me know and I'll be glad to send your way!  (you can email me at jbucky28@yahoo.com) I'm thinking I'm going to start keeping my eyes peeled b/c I could use some stuff that's either an 18 or XL.

  • So, I realized that I hadn't really covered the whole ending of the Brother In Law visit..  he is oficially gone and back in Wisconsin and my life couldn't be better!! Can you believe he didn't even say goodbye or thanks or anything? I have no idea what he's up to in Wisconsin and frankly, I don't care at all. For about a week, Tim was kind of mopey but he's snapping out of it and it's amazing the difference in our house and our conversations just in the week and 1/2 he's been gone.  Life is definitely back to normal. As normal as our normal is.  Tim has conned me into going to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving, but under the condition that we can get a hotel and do our own thing! 

  • The No-Caffeine / No-Sugar thing is going OK. I'm definitely not ready to kill someone as I was the last two days. I have to admit, I did have a little diet coke yesterday at lunch with Michelle and Joy and I also had a small cupcake. So, I guess I'm failing!! :)  BUT, I thought I'd clarify my reasons why I'm trying to cut out the caffeine - it really has nothing to do with losing weight.  I haven't talked about this but I am going to be starting to work with a Fertility Dr. next month (when I start my next period)  I've been working with him for the past 5 months to prepare myself to start the IVF process.  He wants me to be completely caffeine free when I start the process. So, that's why I'm doing it!  The no-sugar thing is purely b/c I found myself eating too many sweets after my meals or after I PB'd. 

  • Went to Zumba last night with my boyfriend Adrian - it was fabulous as usual. I am clearly a big talker b/c I still haven't gotten up the nerve to video.. maybe next week!

  • We are headed to LA next weekend for a long weekend with our friends Angela and Ian. Another thing that I hadn't talked about but cryptically mentioned was that a few weeks ago my friend Angela (she's the one who lost her passport in Mexico, remember?) was preliminarily diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. It was devestating to all of us and her.  HOWEVER, thankfully they did some additional testing on her lymph nodes and she got the pathology reports back last week and is cancer-free. Hallelujah!  Nothing like a scare like that to put things way into perspective! 

  • I've gotta be honest, I'm kicking ass in the workout challenge.  I haven't walked as much as I would have liked this week but I've been working out every day this week (some days 2x a day!), since Friday actually. I'm not sure how to show on my blog my workouts like you can show your miles. Anyone have a good tracking system for just workouts, not miles??  Let me know!
I think that's all I got!  Hope you are all having a good week!! xo,js

7 comments:

  1. Oh, honey, best of luck with IVF! I am beyond thrilled for you!!!!!

    I'm definitely still in 20/22 in pants on the bottom, so if you have any capris (or shorts), I'll take them. But feel free to send to others first, you've been MORE THAN GENEROUS with me!

    A bunch of your stuff is going to four other bandsters tomorrow. Long live the sisterhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE send hugs to A & I. We heard the good news here earlier this week but I've been swamped with work and haven't been in touch with them.

    Good vibes to you on the IVF. My BFF went through it (successfully!!!) and her son just turned 1. They're now trying for #2, so I hope your journey goes as smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you Jen! You will be a wonderful mother....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed for successful IVF. It's so worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to be the funnest mom EVER!! How exciting about starting IVF. Keep us updated.

    Great news about your friend, now you can really enjoy every minute of your visit with her.

    Keep up the great workouts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the funniest movies ever. When I tried quitting smoking at the beginning of the month and subsequentely had EVERYTHING go wrong, I was using that line all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the mail baby...and some more treats to follow!

    ReplyDelete