Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Things to do in Denver when you are BANDED!

Hi Peeps!!!! I've been MIA in the blogworld the past week or so but things have been a little busy!  I've been trying to read all your blogs but whew, it's hard to keep up if you can't commit to it!! 

So, I have a lot to blog about this week so expect a deluge of posts from me!!! First, I will talk about my trip to Denver this past weekend. One word:  AHMAZING!!!! I've taken a few trips this year but this one tops them all.  Just Timmy and I went and we had the best time. Totally needed time away, together, what with all we were dealing with all summer long. 

My band, on the other hand, was not a fan of this trip.  It was like a vice grip was in my belly.....  could not keep anything down the entire time, PB'd/slimed multiple times, had burning sensation in my stomach everytime I tried to eat. That was not fun. However, the one thing that I had no issues keeping down was BEER!  I swear my ratio of beer to water was about 90/10... it wasn't pretty. I barely got my proper nutrients in.. oh wait, that's not completely true.  Here I am getting my veggies (via a bloody mary) in..
MMMMM Bloody...
On Friday, we cruised up to Boulder and walked around and had lunch.  It was a gorgeous day! 















Of course we saw the worst team in Baseball, the Brewers, play. Here is our requisite game day photo!!  (I should start comparing all of my Brewers games pictures and could probably do a post alone on them!! )


On Saturday, we went to a heavenly place called Golden, CO, home of the Coors brewery!!! First, the tour is free so you really can't beat that! 2nd, you get free samples of my favorite bevvy...  BEER! 

Saturday night, before the game, my girlfriend Teresa came up from Castle Rock.  I have known T for over 20 years now. We were summer camp counselors for 4 summers at a camp in the Poconos. There is something about our relationship that it doesn't matter how long we go without speaking, we just pick up where we left off. I guess you could say she's a soulmate.. we literally didnt' skip a beat. I think it's rare to find that these days. I'm lucky to have found it in multiple friendships I have. She's a total skinny beyotch (manages the local fitness club), which made me a little self-conscious, but it was awesome to see her and hang with her for the night!



I have plenty more pictures to post but this has taken me most of the morning to even write since work is super busy (as usual!) and I need to find my camera cord.

My band and stomach is starting to feel a little better today.  Thankfully, I did not gain any weight while I was gone. I'm totally turning up the heat now that I'm back and have no where to go for awhile (besides a side trip to LA in two weeks to see Ang and Ian!!) I'm excited for this new challenge that Drazil is hosting too!! I need the motivation a bit. I've definitely not been a model bandster or worker-outer in the past couple of weeks.  

Hope you are all well!!! xo,js



6 comments:

  1. Have we talked about this before? The fact that I met my bestie in upstate new york at a camp where we were both counselors?

    I am jealous of your trip bc it looks like you had an amazing time! And you look beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were in Denver and I totally missed it! And your bestie lives where I live! What are the chances of that?!?

    My doc says the altitude here can make us more restricted than in lower elevations. But glad to hear you're already feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty, Jen. Sorry about the band issues, but glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if the altitude tightened your band. Denver is the Mile High City after all, amiright?

    You look sooooo good. I'm happy to hear you and Timmy had some married couple time. That's always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! I love your hair, it is fabulous! I am glad you had a great time, but sorry about your tummy! Can't wait to see more pics. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are gorgeous! Love the pics!
    My vacation = TIGHT!
    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete