So, while we were in Denver, we went to a Wisconsin bar before the game (meaning big time Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers bar - flags and signs everywhere!) and we cozied up to some bar stools by a wall. I looked to my left and saw this written on the wall! I had to take a pic b/c yes, yes indeed, 2010 is the Year of Jen!!! ( I think it's funny that directly below, is the saying "it is what it is" which happens to be my least favorite quote EVER!!)
Being that it is the Year of Jen (according to graffiti no less), I'm making some changes. I know we are (all of us with bands) are making big changes this year, but I've hit a major plateau (I mean MASSIVE).. anyone who follows me knows that I'm stuck at the same weight give or take a few lbs for months now! And it's not like I'm anywhere near my goal weight - I still would love to lose another 70 or so lbs so technically, I'm really only halfway there. I feel like I've tried a lot to get past this plateau - stepping up my workouts, etc.. but the one thing I haven't really done is change my eating. I know that in order for this band to be successful, you have to change your thinking and your habits. I, for some reason, still fall into bad habits of eating. I don't follow the proteins first, veggies 2nd rule. Just today, I was telling Michelle over lunch that lately, when I PB, one of the first things I go to after is something sweet, like a cookie or a brownie.. What the heck is that all about?
So, I'm committing to some changes here and now. I'm writing them out b/c if I don't, who knows if I will follow them. I need accountability. I've been a little loose on the beer/booze drinking (my mom told me so the other night!! :)) so I'm cutting back on that. I'm eliminating sugar from my diet completely. I'm cutting caffeine as well. I'm going to try to be a good bandster and follow the healthy eating rules. I'm starting to train for a 1/2 marathon (in which I will be mostly walking - don't get crazy now!) this weekend. So, I'm getting back into upping my exercise. I'm going to be a better blogger and commenter. I know that the support I get from people is huge and I can't expect it anymore if I'm not giving it back.
Have a great weekend all!! Get your exercise in if you are doing the challenge!! (even if you aren't - do something to move your body!! )
xo,js

I know you can do it, too. I also believe eveything graffiti tells me.
ReplyDeleteYou can definitely do it!!! But pls liveblog the giving up sugar part, because I think the transition might be entertaining. For others, I mean.
ReplyDeleteGirl I am so with you on the plateau busting, gotta get my ass in the right frame of mind, doing the right things to make this happen thing. But...I gotta tell you giving up sugar is good, giving up caffeine and booze at the same time. Giiiirrrll I am glad I don't live near you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great plan...you can definitely do this cupcake.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment on my blog. Yes, Miami vices are the strawberry daquiri and pina colada mix - talk about calories. I was very happy that I only gained 2 lbs on that vacation. Sounds like you have a lot of good ideas for getting off your plateau. I'll definitely be following you going forward to see how it's going. Good luck.
ReplyDelete