Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hump Day HORROR!!

well, ladies, this may be the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm so frustrated beyond anything I've ever felt.  I'm so sick of being in the same weight range since May and shaking things up and doing things differently and not seeing much of a result, give or take a lb or two here and there.

Got on the scale this morning for my BOOBs weigh in and I'm up (yes, UP) 2 lbs..

I've had my band for almost 3 years and I'm no further along than I was 2 years ago at this point (yes, I know I had a baby, but I gained and lost all of that weight by April so there's really no excuse for why I'm not further down than I am)

Am I destined to be thick for the rest of my life?

(and don't worry about giving me tough love, I need it and I can take it.)

9 comments:

  1. Are you tracking your measurements? I'm curious if those are changing even if the scale isn't. I also have such a love-hate relationship with the scale because it seems like I can fluctuate SO wildly day to day based on if I've run, drank enough water, or even if I've gone to the bathroom enough. So it's hard to judge just based on that.

    How are you doing with carbs? Sometimes you can be ok on calories but extra carbs can mess you up?

    No good answers, but maybe a check in with your dietitian is in order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need a fill. thats it schedule that appt and get in there. Love you..hugs....and put the scale away for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry!! I gained too and I worked out, ate right, it is frustrating... I threw a bit of a fit this morning. hang in there xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I don't know - why you didn't lose. :-( I don't know enough specifics to even give any sort of suggestions if there might be any, I wish I could.

    What I do know - if you keep making healthy food choices, and keeping active, you are doing great things for your health. That is regardless of whether you ever lose another pound. (Don't shoot me. It seems pretty certain you will also lose weight!)

    You know all the "rules" about measure, track, etc. and can ask your doctor or someone who knows your specifics. Maybe they will have suggestions, or maybe your body is more stubborn/slow to let the weight go. Maybe building muscle would increase your metabolism. I just hope you can take some comfort, when the weight loss slows, that the JOURNEY itself is something really, really, good you are doing for yourself, and for everyone who counts on you.

    Please feel free to toss out my opinion as hogwash, but you did invite me to give it. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is not a HORROR. Waking up with Casey Anthony's face would be a HORROR. YOU - my dear - exactly as you are - are stunning. If you change things up and get really really apeshit serious - then that's just a bonus. It is frustrating though - I get it - and I'm with you. And I think being frustrated is part of the process to starting getting serious...for me it always is. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are you on exercise and water intake? Those are usually my first go to issues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What zone are you in? Whatever you do, try hard not to stay discouraged. I find that when I get frustrated it helps me to get a really hard weight workout in. It makes me feel stronger and leaner despite what the scale says. If I feel strong, everything else falls into place. We have all been where you are (multiple times) and there is light at the end of the tunnel. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know you need a fill and I think you already scheduled one or at least you told me you were going to. I bit the bullet and made my appointment because I've been stalled out for almost a YEAR! My issue is food. I know I'm snacking too much, taking in WAY too much carbs and sodium. My exercise is finally on track (sounds like yours is too) but the food has GOT to be better. If I had to take a guess, I'd say too many carbs and portions are too big. A fill will take care of at least one of those. Hang in there sweetie! Do you need daily motivational texts from me? I seem to be pretty good about those... for other people... lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girlfriend, get in to talk to your surgeon. When what you're dong isn't working - get help! :)

    ReplyDelete