Hey all!! Happy Thursday!
1. Let's start with the Band and weightloss.. thanks to all the BOOBs challengers for their daily reminders that none of us is in this thing alone! AND, thanks for Draz's mini-challenge, I've hooked myself up with a few accountability partners!
2. So, yesterday I brought my workout clothes to work and had a plan that at some point during the day, be it lunch or before I left, I was bound and determined to go downstairs and get some cardio in. I told my friends Marty and Maria my plan and then went about my day. Things kept popping up as they normally do, lunch came and went and I started to get worried that I wasn't going to meet my commitment to myself. At around 4:15, Maria came over to my desk and said "Hey, it's 4:15, pack up your shit and go downstairs.. " I was like "OK!" It was nice to have someone looking out for me! I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and then did some kettle bell squat and swings and then some arm lifts with the kettle bells (not sure what all these things are called!) and holy do I feel those squats in my booty and legs today!!!
3. Today, brought my stuff again and went down and did 30 minutes on the treadmill at lunch with Marty. Middle of the workout, she takes off her headset and says, "I know what your goal should be and I know you can do it.. 10 lbs by the time you leave for Cabo".. me - "OK!" So, that's a mini-goal for me! If I keep doing what I'm doing I can definitely hit that goal. Between the challenge and getting back into the swing of things with cardio (how many times in the past 2 years have I said this tho??) I'm going to get the rest of this weight off!!! Again though, nice to know that someone else has my back in these things. I will say that I may need to rethink what I pack when I bring stuff to workout.. I was a sweaty beast.. and was wearing jeans to work today so when I changed out of workout clothes, I thought I was going to die of heat... that and my hair was a hot mess as well.. people might just have to get used to the ugly Jen on the two days I plan to workout at lunch!! :)
4. I'm OBSESSED with Ryan Lochte. This is no joke. He consumes my thoughts daily..it's becoming ridiculous. I even have a picture of him at my desk.. I'm not kidding.
5. I'm also obsessed with the Olympics! I'm driving my husband crazy in not letting him watch baseball channel when we go to bed b/c I'm busy watching the Fab Five win gold..
6. I miss a lot of the "old' bloggers, the ones that were blogging when I started, the ones that originally inspired me to get the band and inspired me with their progress. Don't get me wrong, I love all the new friends I've met on here and am consistently inspired by everyone but I miss peeps like Kristen, Kristin, Nicole, Jenny R and Gen!! I'm friends with all of them on FB but I do miss their blogs!! And, where did Dinnerland go?? I haven't seen her around in ages!!
7. This child of mine is going to send me to the house of bananas.. all the anxiety I have over him is out of control. If its not one thing to stress over, it's another. I also feel there is soo much pressure to do things with kids on a timeline that I almost can't take it.. current stresses: getting off the bottle (he's not a fan of milk in a sippy cup), swim classes (kid screams like a maniac - I think he hates his teacher b/c everytime she touches him, he freaks!) Separation Anxiety - this is the current number 1.. partly b/c we are going to Cabo in September and I'm so nervous that he will cry for 5 days straight when my parents are here to watch him. I know that that is most likely not going to happen but he really freaks out when he's not around me. I am at a loss of what to do.. any pointers??
8. Again, so looking forward to BOOBs! I am having a bit of a conundrum though that I think my friend Erin figured out for me!! Not sure if I mentioned that my bestie, Shannon, got engaged a few weeks ago, before she came to AZ. Well, she did and all of my other girlfriends are planning an engagement party for her on.. you ready for this?.. September 29th. In Chicago. So my conundrum is that I will be there for BOOBs and there will be things going on that I won't want to miss b/c I want to spend as much time with all the BOOBs as I can since this will be the first time meeting etc... but how can I miss my bestie's engagement party?? Do you know how long she's been "WAITING" for this?? (total inside joke for Shannon and TMac who are my girls from Chicago who read this blog!) So, my plan will most likely be that since I'm doing her shower in either January or February, it's ok for me to miss the bulk of the engagement party and if time allows, I'll meet up with them later on (and hopefully bring some of you gals with!!)
9. This weekend should be fun. Tomorrow night, I'm using a Groupon and going with a couple of friends from work to DryBar, which is apparently a place you go and get your hair washed, and blown out. I'll be sure to take pics. Then we are going to happy hour and then Timmy is meeting me out and we're going to see "Dark Knight Rises" at iPic. (we are also trying to ease the separation anxiety by having his normal sitter come occasionally) Saturday night, Michelle and I are taking Joy out for her birthday in Old Town. Should be fun!!
10. I can't think of a 10th. And I have no pictures.. what's wrong with me?? I need to get on it and get some more pics! I'll be sure to take pics of my fun weekend!
xo,js
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The re-up. Your number 6... Dinner land I think the re-up is her new blog.
ReplyDeleteK :)
Jump back do it again blog
Deletecan't wait to see the pics from the blowout place . I'm a groupon-a-holic and I've seen those on there. can't wait to see the pics!
ReplyDeleteI will definitely post pics. My friend Erin goes there all the time and loves it!
DeleteLet me give you some kiddo advice - seriously...relax. It may be because I have 2 and I'm not in "first time mom mode" anymore but these timelines are really just recommendations. As for the sippy, I assume he takes other things in it...just not milk? If not, give him juice in it first. It'll warm him up to it. And no child lets themselves go too thirsty or hungry. He'll take the sippy if that's all you give him. I know it sounds so easy (and I also know it's not) but you'll be alright with this one.
ReplyDeleteI love that your coworkers are looking out for you and making sure you get your workouts in! I heard some bandsters used powdered soap or shampoo(is that right?) after banding when they couldn't shower. you might be able to use that to freshen up a bit after your worktime workout if you feel gross. You're doing great!
I know, I know.. I definitely need to relax! He does take other things in the sippy, just not milk. thanks for your advice!!
DeleteMy girlfriend suggested the powdered stuff too, need to look into that so I don't frighten people at work!
Wow...I am so sorry that comment was so ridiculously long!
ReplyDeleteMommy advice. Do you have a friend you can drop him off with for a couple hours every couple of weeks? I would be able to help out with some if you want? but doing these mini trips will start to get him used to being without you. and you without him. I bet he will be fine. Sure he may cry at first but he will settle down..it will be harder on you than him. BUT YOU HAVE TO DO IT! Plus it may be good for you and hubby to go do some datenights. So text me and we can set up a time if you want!
ReplyDeleteThanks for offering Jenn! I do have some friends I could try this with. We do go out quite a bit, but it's only been recently that this freakout thing started. We have a sitter coming tonight (a regular one that he knows) and then my friend Jen is coming over next weekend with her kids who want to play with him and Timmy and I are going out! I really appreciate you offering as well! May take you up on it!! :)
DeleteMichelle's right, it's The Re-Up. Here's the new URL: jumpbackdoitagain.blogspot.com.
ReplyDeleteAnd enjoy the DryBar. That sounds fabulous. Sometimes you just need some pampering minus the cut. :)
I wanna see some pics! :)
ReplyDeleteLOL I love your obsession, he is a cutie!!
ReplyDelete