Today was the BEST day!!! Tim and I were sitting trying to come up with something "different" to do this weekend, since the majority of our weekends consist of the same old thing - hanging in the pool, eating out, etc.. and it's hotter than balls outside. So, today, I threw away my modesty and put on my suit and this chubby chick hit the WATER PARK!!! Who knew we had a waterpark within 15 minutes from our house!!! It was soo fun!!! We just left our clothes in our car and headed in. In the past, I would NEVER have done that, but today, I didn't care. I looked at the signs and smiled everytime I was under the weight limit.. much under. We went from ride to ride, laughing and screaming and falling out of the rafts.. it was by far one of the best days I've had with the hubs in a really long time. I didn't feel self-conscious at all (although I did glance once at my reflection and this body still needs a lot of work.. )
Not only was it fun, it was good exercise too. Every ride had a huge staircase leading up to it. Towards the end, I didn't think my legs could take it anymore. Did I mention I also did the hardest Zumba class ever this morning? I knew it was hard but when my friend Julie, who is an ex-professional dancer said it was tough, I knew it was a killer. So, yeah, my legs are hating me right now.
Yesterday I started my "training" for the 1/2 that the Jens signed me up for. The RUN/WALK 1/2... I walked 3.5 miles after working out with Kathi. And, then proceeded to slime all day long. I have a horrible sinus head cold and I think the mucous is messing with my band. Oh and I woke up weighing 3 lbs more than I did yesterday.. pardon my french.. but WHAT.THE.FUCK????? I'm back down now but who the heck knows what's going on with me.. this band sure is a mystery.
Hope you all had a great weekend!!!
xo,js
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

WATERPARK!!!! Hell yeah! that sounds super fun! I'd love to do that with just my man someday, no kids! Sounds like a blast! Glad you had a good weekend and good workouts!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome day! So glad you enjoyed yourself and had a great time with DH.
ReplyDeleteWaterparks are awesome! I can't wait for the day that I will be able to go on the waterslides and even walk around in my suit with no worries! You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love water parks! I am taking my grand sons and their mommy when they are here in FL in 5 weeks!!!! Glad you had quality time with the hubs!
ReplyDeleteYAY for you, Jen! I totally can't wait to take my kids to a waterpark. I'm thinking Atlantis... you should meet me there!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are kicking ass with the workouts and Zumba and walk/run and waterslide stair climbing (the newest 'in' workout?). Crazy girl.
Waterpark sounds like so much fun! The one we have is like an hour away and my husband and son are like two CATS! Afraid of the water = painfull!
ReplyDeleteThe scale is reflecting all the movement baby...there will be downward!
That sounds like a blast...so glad you two connected in such a fun way.
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely going to add this to my to-do list for me and DH somewhere down the road.
how fun. and brave. i will say, it doesn't always matter what size you are. or what you look like...i think it is hard for a lot of women to go out in a bathing suit. i am so happy you found that confidence and had a blast!
ReplyDeletei love and miss you.
Oh how fun Jen, sounds like you are really doing great. So so so proud of you, especially for the training.
ReplyDeleteSo happy you guys had such a fun day~