Friday, July 30, 2010

9 Months!!!!

So, it occurred to me that yesterday was my 9 month "bandiversary"....  How I lost track of that is beyond me. I've been watching the scale like a hawk lately, so it seems that I would be totally aware of how much time had passed, but I hadn't noticed....  So anyways, in the spirit of the past 9 months, I thought I would focus on 9 things that have changed since I received this little gift in mah belly... 

1. I have lost almost 70 lbs. This, in my mind, is not what I had hoped for. I had hoped that I would be much like all you other rockstar bandsters who lose 100 lbs in 9 months or less.. but my body did not agree with my mind. I'm almost at 70 lbs down and hopefully will be there this weekend. In reality, I'm super excited b/c I've NEVER lost anything close to 70 lbs EVER!!  I'll take it and keep on plugging along

2.  I have gone down almost 4 sizes, which is astounding to me. I started out near the top end of clothes sizes at LB and am getting towards the lower size range. I can shop at Old Navy regular sizes and am not the biggest size. In fact, I bought not the biggest size in jeans the other day and they were still too big in the legs. Apparently, my legs are a size 12 while my belly and ass are an 18!!! Would be nice if they could have a discussion to meet in the middle.

3.  I have much more confidence in my appearance than I have in ages.  I'm comfortable in my skin now and I wear tighter clothes and taller shoes than I ever did. I don't worry that I'm going to teeter over or my feet are going to hurt at the end of the day when I wear 4 inch wedges.

4.  I am more physically fit than I could have imagined possible. I love to workout and often do 2 a days.  I have found that I miss it when I don't exercise and feel like poop.  And we all know I Love the Zumba!!! (and my instructor!!)

5.  I rarely think that I'm the fattest girl in the room. Now granted, I still have a long way to go and generally am the fattest girl in the room, HOWEVER..  I'm not as self-conscious as I used to be. This is a HUGE step for me. For instance, this week was our national sales meeting and the women who work for our company in sales are generally thin, beautiful, blinged out women. Usually, I feel like the ugly duckling around them, but not this time!!! I felt like I belonged.

6.  I am busy, busy, busy..  in the past, I would have done two things a day.. gone to work, and go home. I have so much more energy and now I fit in workouts, work, socializing, shopping all into my day.

7.  I have met an incredible network of people via this blog.  I can't honestly say that I would not have gone crazy had I not been able to read that many of you go through the same things I do on a daily basis.  It has truly been a godsend to know many of you.  My relationships with my close "real life" friends has not changed, but gotten stronger. I could not have asked for a bigger support system. I'm extremely fortunate that I have such wonderful peeps in my life.



8.  I can cross my legs regardless if there is something to put my foot against or not.  I can sit in seats without worrying if my big booty will fit.  I can buckle all seat belts with ease!

9.  My band is fickle and is a bastard at times, but I'm so happy I did it.  Wouldn't change a thing!

have a great weekend!
xo,js

7 comments:

  1. Happy 9-Month-iversary!

    What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work! Your results so far are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated bandiversary!!! You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 9 months! Your band is a like a newborn now, had you given birth to it. HAHA

    You've done amazing - the number on the scale isn't the be all, end all. Your attitude is. And you certainly are rocking the attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bandiversary! 70lbs in 9 months is fabulous! And all the NSVs that go with it are worth such a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bandiversary! You are doing wonderfully! Keep up the great work! Zumba... twice a day, just sounds crazy to me! But impressive that's for sure! Good for you! *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. TAG - you are it Ms. Versatile!

    ReplyDelete