Friday, July 9, 2010

Five Point Friday..

Hey all!! Happy Weekend!!!

1.  No plans for this weekend!!  Love that!  I will most likely sit on my floatie in my pool, working on my savage tan.

2.  I know I haven't spoken about it since the day I wrote a whole blog on the subject, but yes, my Brother-in-Law is still living with us. It's still not going well. But I have a light at the end of the tunnel. I told him last weekend he needs to be out by October 1st. I'm buying his ticket home this weekend. I think that timing is more than generous.  He of course said he felt like I gave him an ultimatum, to which I replied, "you are right.. I did... "  I don't care what he or any of his family thinks about me anymore.. I just want my regular life back.  Tim is totally in agreeance with me which is good. We will see if he even makes it to 10/1 since he now knows I don't care for him and am just living with this situation to appease my husband.

3.  My girlfriends, the Jens, are crazy!!! They signed me up to do a 1/2 marathon with them. I, of course, will be walking it with one of the Jens.. but they gave me a training schedule and everything. I have until November to figure out how to get out of this nonsense.

4.  Our plans to go to Michigan in a couple of weeks have been canceled.  The flights were way too expensive and considering we are going in December for Christmas as well as potentially moving sometime this year, it just didn't make any sense to spend that much money to go for 3 days. Plus, with my recent travel debacles, I'm good not spending an entire day to get somewhere.  I'll miss my family for sure though!!

5. I've got to figure out what's going on with my weight/band... it's making me go a little crazy. I have been having trouble keeping things down since Mexico and my weight is not budging.  I'm usually a slow loser but this is ridiculous.  I can't get into the dr until the 27th, which blows. 

Hope you all have a great weekend!!! 
xo,js

7 comments:

  1. Its been the same for me. One minute I am eating fine and then the next meal is a guessing game! I honestly think its the heat...for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey babe...I'm not having any trouble keeping stuff down but I'm truly with you on the stuck scale.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that sucks about the not keeping things down. The brother-in-law's protest about the ultimatum and your response is awesome. Hysterical.

    You're moving to Michigan? Haven't you heard - it's COLD there in the winter. Like, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Not moving to Michigan!!! Just to another home in Scottsdale/Phx.... I've lived in the Midwest for many years! I'm over the cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I too thought maybe you were moving to Michigan and was really excited! Good for you for setting boundaries with the BIL and your hubby is awesome for sticking with you on this.

    Hope your band starts treating you better..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the unpredictable band... I hope things get sorted out soon.
    My band seems very changeable throughout the day, so I've noted the various 'tight' times of day and TRY to be careful. It's all about concentration, b/c even though I know I am tight around dinnertime, I often forget and can barely get anything down b/c I don't chew!!
    See if over-chewing and taking tiny bites helps at all.
    Love the pic below-- yes, you're looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am sorry you had to cancel your trip. that stinks.

    ReplyDelete