Sunday, February 7, 2010

SUPER Sunday and Ski Fun!!

Well, well, well, here you are again Super Bowl Sunday.. one of my old favorite pig out days!  Glad to see you but this year, well, there will be one less piggy pigging out!! ME!  At least that's how I'm hoping it will go! We are headed over to our friends home to join the big party! I'm bringing chocolate fondue but I picked up tons of strawberries and bananas to dip. I'll have a little chocolate and a lot of fruit! Anyways, GO SAINTS!!!!!  I would have preferred the Vikings (b/c I love me some Brett Favre) but I'll take the Saints in this one!

Ski day Friday was so much fun!! Below are some pics.  I laughed my ass off (not literally although I wish!) with my girls, the other Jens!  It was a 3 Jen day.. We weren't even an hour out of Phoenix and Speedy Jen got pulled over for going 92 in a 65. Oops!!  Nevertheless, we seized the moment to take a pic!

I hadn't skiied in a little over 5 years and I could tell.. my legs were burning!!!  I did pretty well for not having skiied in that long. All total, with taking breaks, riding the lift, laughing at each other, chatting, drinking a beer, we probably skiied consistently around 2.5 hours.. which was a pretty good workout! I woke up on Saturday a little stiff and a lot sore!!  A good sore though!!





I spent Saturday doing almost nothing and loved every minute of it!! Saw Up in the Air and then came home and watched The Hurt Locker and Michael Jackson's This is It.. all really good movies. I loved Up in the Air!! I love Clooney too!!  Hurt Locker was very intense! 

Got on the Wii Fit this morning and am down the 5 lbs that my TOTM packed on this week. I'm so happy about that!  I got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and it's really good! I love the regular Wii Fit, but was getting tired of some of the same moves so this adds a little variety to the workout!  Thanks to Kristin for posting the challenge this week. It was a good motivator to workout every day!! I just gotta keep at it now!!

Hope you all have a good Super Bowl Sunday and a good start to your week!!  Be good!! :)





8 comments:

  1. JL's face is priceless in the cop shot. And I'm a little concerned...are you wearing lipstick while skiing?? Please tell me you weren't taking the time to apply while on the slopes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best smile!! Talk about infectious.
    Good for you for getting out there in the snow and having a go. I've never skied, but then you have to have a little of the white stuff around for that! Sounds like your weekend was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw Crazy Heart. Not a feel good movie, but very well acted! I just dont know if I want to see the Hurt Locker. i would like to see up in the air though.

    Your pictures are wonderful and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have noticed the police car in the background if you had not of said anything. You look very different from your pre surgery picture. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great - and of course your smile says it all. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! LOL the cop shot, love that one! You look great - and how fun to go skiing again? Where did you ski? (I'm going to guess Flagstaff?)

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures-- you do have a wonderful and happy smile!!
    Thanks for the great support on my blog. Now, where you at girl?? New post, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked The Hurt Locker. In a weird way.

    that 'pulled over' picture, flashing lights - love it.

    ReplyDelete