Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Quick little post!!!

I'm overwhelmed at work. There, I said it..   I don't know what to do about it but lately I feel like I am constantly underwater..  it's annoying and exhausting!! I keep thinking, "ok, next week it'll be better" but next week keeps coming and it's still crazy. I've been pulling some mad overtime lately which is great for the pocketbook but it cuts into my workout time and my "at home" time.. 

We are heading to LA this weekend to see our friends Angela and Ian (and BabyD!) and I'm already stressed out about it b/c I was planning on taking Friday off. I may just work in the morning (or work from home) but we'll see..

Some good news to report today though!!! I went back to my endocrinologist this morning to get results from some recent blood work and not only did the scale show a 5.5 lb loss in 3 weeks but my thyroid levels are "pristine" as she put it!!!  I'm the lowest on my TSH that I've been since I was diagnosed almost 10 years ago with hypothyroid!!! That's so exciting to me!!! AND, the 5.5 loss was WITH jeans on!! Double WOOT!!!!!!!

That's all..  more work to do and then I'm meeting Michelle and KD at Pita Jungle (I'm obsessed with that place!)

Have a great night!!!
xo
js

9 comments:

  1. Have a great trip and what wonderful news on both fronts

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5.5 pounds is awesome! Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA - that's great news about the weight and the thyroid. Have a fun weekend - we'll talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful progress on the scales! As for work, this may just be because I feel so-so about my job, but it seems to me that no one ever got old and said, "I wish I would've worked more." You should enjoy your time off and take it as your own (as much as you can). YOU deserve to take care of YOU once in awhile and work be darned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry your job is rough right now. Enjoy your much needed vacation. And that is fantastic news from the Dr. Woot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you on the overwhelming job.. bleh.
    Amazing job on the weight loss !! Yay for you for good hormone levels...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fab weekend with Angela, Ian and Baby D! Awesome news on the weight loss and the thyroid. That rocks! Apparently, we must go this Pita Jungle when I come there!
    Love ya,

    TK

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to go to a place called Pita Jungle.

    I may bust out a lil jungle fever, but whatever - it may just be necessary!

    ReplyDelete