Friday, February 26, 2010

This time I'll make it work!!

Ok, so 5th fill over.. brought me to 7.5cc (in a 14cc band) - they only gave me .5 this time b/c she said once we get to 1/2 filled, they lower the amounts of fill.  She also said I should start inching closer to the Green Zone after this fill or the next.   Let's hope!!!

Instead of meeting with my regular doctor yesterday, I met with the PA who apparently has been at this office for a year yet I've never laid eyes on the woman before. I kind of felt like I was cheating on Dr. Skinner b/c I really liked the PA!!!  She was able to find my port quickly and without having to move around alot and cause all sorts of chaos on ma belly... 

I was pretty honest with her about how I was feeling about the band. How I didn't understand why I had plateaued so much for the last 2 or so months and was so hungry all the time.  How I desperately didn't want this whole thing to be like being on a diet etc..  so we discussed.  I have come to realize that for some people, not treating this as a diet works very well for them, but for others, you really have to watch what you are eating and drinking and doing in order to see maximum results.  I unfortunately seem to fall into the latter category.  Not sure why this is such a revelation to me after almost 4 months!!!  So, we went back to basics and I clearly now know what I haven't been doing right and what I have been doing great!!

Not doing (need to dos..)
1.  measuring my food - I still put more food on my plate than I should - I may not eat it but I still have it.  I am going to take the advice of many on here and eat off smaller plates, measure or put all my food in small bowls. She told me that even though when I see the smaller amount of food and think it's not going to be enough, that I'd be surprised if I just eat slower, taking breaks, etc..  at how filling it can be.

2. After my fills, I'm going to follow the 2 days liquids, 2 days soft foods rule.  I hadn't really been following it!!

3.  Take a bite, put your fork down, wait a minute, take a bite, put your fork down, wait a minute.. and so on and so on and so on..

4.  DO NOT DRINK WITH MEALS!  I don't drink with meals but I also don't wait 30 minutes either.

5. DRINK lots of water. I'm getting better at this!!

Doing Great: 

1.  Exercise, Exercise, Exercise!!!  I am shouting it to the rooftop that I've been awesome at the exercising aspect.  I can always improve ( like bumping up from 45 min cardio to an hour) but overall, I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it.  Plus, now I have the Crazy Kathi Challenge (1 hr/day + no booze for 2 months) to commit to and prove myself at!! 

2. Being honest with myself (Ok, I know this is a lame one!) but it takes a lot for me to admit that maybe I've been wrong or going about something the wrong way. 

I'm hoping in the next 2 months or so I can move alot of the Not Doings into the Doing Great category. 
In the meantime, I'll keep chugging away!! I have a new goal - 60 lbs by 6 months.  I'm at 46 down now and Sunday is my 4 months so that's 14 lbs away in 2 more months...  I'd love to exceed it!!! 

Have a great weekend!! Thanks for listening (and reading) to my mind-babble and for your constant encouragement!!! 

7 comments:

  1. I think sometimes the scariest thing we can do is be honest with ourselves and it looks like you are really taking the bull by the horns. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I do understand the frustration (as you well know). But 46 pounds already is awesome! I have no doubt you'll get to 60 by your six-month deadline.

    Enjoy those liquids and soft foods - I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great WL in 4 months! Great post and good reminders for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are still doing great. Glad the fill went well and you liked the PA. Back to basics never hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 46 pounds in 4 months is GREAT! I am almost at 6 months and still trying to hit 50!

    It seems like really good restriction should take care of the hunger issue. If you are only half filled, that is really not all that much. I know I was not really near my sweet spot at half way. (I am at 7.4 ccs in a 10 cc band). So everything should get easier the more restriction you get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had a tremendous loss in just four months - be proud of what you've accomplished.
    It sucks you seem to fall into the 'no diet' category - or maybe it's just going to take a little longer for things to click. I guess things are not the same for everyone. Hope you sort it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree...I think your loss is fantastic but it always helps to re-check your goals and see what you can do better. I am sure the new goal will spur you on

    ReplyDelete