So, lots going on here!! We have our National Sales Meeting going on right now and it's been crazy busy. I work in Marketing so we are pretty instrumental during the meeting. Add to the fact that the resort it's being held at is in BFE, it's been making for LOOOOONNNNNNGGGG days.. hopefully things will slow down next week once the meeting is over!!
I was supposed to have a fill today but I missed my appointment b/c of said meeting.. so, I'm going tomorrow. Instead of the fill, I ended up going to work out for 2 hours (1 with myself and 1 with Kathi..) that woman is CRAZY!!! She threw down the gauntlet today with me and issued me a 2 month challenge that involves no drinking and 1 hour daily cardio (plus the days I work out with her).. and she guarantees my weight loss will pick up. I'm accepting her challenge b/c I've been soo frustrated lately with being a lap-band loser.. I know in our little lap-band world, being a loser is good, but I've been questioning things lately and hoping that I'm not a failure at this whole thing. Just feels like everyone is losing so much and here I am, stuck!!! I lost a lot in the beginning and have really plateaued over the past couple of months. It's super frustrating. I really need restriction b/c I am feeling I can eat anything and am constantly hungry. I did have a really bad stuck moment yesterday. We were breaking for lunch and I was SCARFING my food down - I had taken like 3 bites of chicken salad and was like, holy shit, I'm totally stuck and here I am, in a public place.. WTF am I going to do.. I did not want to be sliming in the public bathroom with a bunch of the sales reps around... so I excused myself and headed to the bathroom and leaned over the toilet and anytime I felt like something was coming up, I just flushed so no one heard me!! After about 20 minutes, I finally felt better but it sucked!! Note to self, even when starving, you have to chew!!!
So, my friend JB has been bugging me to change my fb profile pic b/c she said that I don't really look like it anymore, so I changed it... I honestly don't see any difference in them!! Is my body dysmorphia so bad that even after losing 40+ lbs, I still don't notice a change in me?? that's whack!! Just when I was feeling down about things, my BFF Shannon sent me an email and it said: Topic: Girl... Message: "You look great.. was just looking at your pics on FB.... " that literally made my day.
Ok, here are my new (on the left) and my old (on the right) profile pics... My old was taken when we were in Mexico about 3 weeks before surgery. I was super tan and totally relaxed!!!
Here are some other pics from Saturday night's big event..
Hope you are all having a great week!! I'll get around to commenting on all the blogs I missed!!
xoxo, js






You look great! Happy and enthusiastic and lovin' life. The challenge sounds awesome, bet it'll ramp up the weight loss for you like nobody's business.
ReplyDeleteWow - you have the most beautiful smile - so infectious!!! Love the challenge too - hope it brings some good scale news x
ReplyDeleteGreat smile! Love the bangs on you, and it looks like you had fun at the event!
ReplyDeleteBTW right after 40 lbs. is when I started to get the NSV's from people...there's a point where it starts to show more (I couldn't see it either...still working on my BDD).
Girl you look awesome. I can totally tell and you look so happy. I am glad the meeting is going well. I did get the protein you sent me and have enjoyed it, thanks again. Way to go on your loss and I am with you on the workout challenge. I am trying to up my cardio so I can drop weight while I am firming up!!
ReplyDeleteYou really have high energy!!! I wish I had that drive for the challenge.. I guess being in a warm client helps you actually with wanting to go outside and do something. Hang in there with the hunger thing.. when you get to your sweet spot you will look back on this as just part of the journey to getting there! You look wonderful in those pics!! Keep up the good work and hope you survive this hectic week...
ReplyDeleteYou look absolutely fabulous and who is knocking 40 pounds lost, skinny???
ReplyDeleteListen: if things have been rough, I suggest that you call your surgeon's office and ask for their attention. Tell them exactly what is going on and point to your weight loss in recent months.
Ask for feedback-- "am I doing OK or should the weight loss be faster"-- if it should be faster, what can YOU, my doctor, do to HELP ME!!
You are going to make it through this rough time... I know you will continue to success-- the band is just a tool that needs alot of finesse and adjusting and you are worth the time they need to take with you in the office to get you where you need to go.
Sorry to be all 'soap boxy'-- you know that can get me in trouble, right? But bottom line: the weight loss process with the band is supposed to be made alot easier by managing hunger-- and if you hunger is not managed to the point where you can work the band and lose weight (even if .5 pounds or so a week.. I am not sure of your recent progress)-- then you need more help from the doc!!
Go for it and you will do great... xoxox DL
Jen. You look fantastic. Don't get down on yourself your doing great. I agree. If you feel uncdoetable with something just ask your doctor about it. That's what they are there for. (hugs) I'm so proud of you. You look great.
ReplyDeletei made the blog this day too!!! glad i sent that message when i did. it's true!!!
ReplyDelete