Monday, February 15, 2010

HobNobbing with the Celebs.. and other fun things..

ha!  actually we did no hob-nobbing with the celebs this weekend, just wanted to see if I could get your attention!!! :)  Being the celebrity crazed person I am, it sucks that I might be the only person who has gone to LA multiple times and NEVER seen a celeb (I'm not sure you can count a couple of the Real Housewives of OC or NY as celebs - I did see them on Robertston Blvd at the Ivy last year).. I feel like I'm always on the lookout and I get NOTHING!!! So, not fair!!

Ok, so this is my 2nd blog today.. had to spread the love to my niece Kate on her birthday in my previous blog... 

We did have a great weekend. We always do when we hang with Ian and Angela.  It's just easy, you know??  It took us FOREVER to get to The Oaks on Friday..  I ended up having to work for 1/2 the day and then we were making good time and then Timmy got behind the wheel. Oh Lawsy.. that man was not meant to be a driver.. besides the tap, tap tapping on the gas pedal and the club music that we have to listen to when he drives ( we have a rule, whomever is driving gets to pick the music) we get nowhere really fast.  Then, to top it off, as he is moving towards the WRONG freeway, he asks me "which road do I take".. 'Uh, not this one buddy..." so after a 1 1/2 hour detour through Riverside, we end up smack dab in the middle of LA rush hour.. good times.. thank goodness Angela had the Sangria (Nector of the Gods) poured and ready for us when we got there!! 

We got up early on Saturday morning and headed to Universal Studios.. if you've never been, SO FUN!!!  It was a beautiful day and the park was a great time.  We went on the studio tour, walked around a lot, met Dora the Explorer, Curious George, Woody the Woodpecker and Frankenstien.. Delaney, who is almost 2, was a Rockstar.. the adults had just as much fun as she did!! 

I had a really good NSV!!! I was so worried to go on a ride there b/c I thought for sure I'd be the person they made get out b/c the bar didn't fit over my stomach.. but NOPE, had no issues!!! There was actually a lot of room between me and the bar!  Now, I can go to Disneyland with no fears!!! 

My eating was not perfect this weekend but traveling seems to be hard!!  I had a beer or two and some sangria and ate some fast food on the road. I did have a salad at Universal.. who does that?? It was good though!!! Luckily I did not have any stuck issues..

We headed home yesterday and stopped in Palm Springs for some outlet shopping!  Love me some shopping!
I had today off and it was a much needed break and very relaxing. I was seriously getting burnt out with work and needed a mental health day. I went shopping a little and then sat outside in our 75 degree weather and got a nice little tan/sunburn.
I worked out more than a human should today.. worked out with Kathi for an hour, did another 45 minutes of cardio and then went for a 45 minute walk on the trails with Michelle and KD..  my lower half is going to be pissed at me tomorrow...

Hope you all had a great weekend and got some time to do something fun!!

xo, js

4 comments:

  1. That's a lotta working out, girlfriend. Good job! Glad you enjoyed your vacation.

    Thanks for the reassurance re flying. Good for you, btw. Now you can let it go and never feel badly about it again. (If this doesn't make sense to you, let me know and I'll explain.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time and still did well on the food. What alovely smile you have!!! Good work on the exercise front too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! BTW, if you want to see celebs, go to Las Vegas. I don't think I have ever been and NOT seen someone who was at least a little famous...Ashton Kutcher, Tara Reed, the entire cast of 7th Heaven, Joe Rogan....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounded and looked like alot of fun. And yes. I would say the housewives are celebs.

    ReplyDelete