Well......... this is the blog where I confess to a multitude of sins of the booze variety..... Yes, it's true, my name is Jen and I might have been overserved yesterday/last night.. so much for my plan to not do so!!! :)
The day started out innocent enough.. went to the gym (go me!) and then met up with some work girlfriends for lunch and pedis prior to our Annual Company Event. I should have known by the crowd I was hanging out with that things would quickly take a turn towards boozetown... we started out with Bloody Mary's and then when we figured out that we had some time to kill before our pedi appointment, we ordered some mimosas and then another one and then the waiter who was charmed by our outspokenness and loudness, decided to bring us some shots.. OH Lordy...... we commenced to our pedis which were lovely.. my only issue is that I must have had the massage chair on super high b/c there is a spot just under my shoulder blades that is KILLING me.. feels like I got punched in the back. Anyways, I digress... we left the spa place and headed home where I thankfully decided to not continue reveling in my day buzz and took a little nap.
We met up with some other co-workers at a bar for pre-party cocktails and then headed over to the event. Did I mention that there was free booze and I'm a sucker for free booze at company events? I drank beer, lots of it.. Oy............ I barely ate anything which might have been my downfall. The theme of the event was "On the Boardwalk" and there were psychics, arcade games and photo booths so there wasn't a lot of focus on the food. I did grab a chicken breast while standing in line for the psychic (who by the way was ridic..) and ate about half of it. That's all I had the whole night, if you don't count the numerous beers..
My co-workers are super fun and crazy so we tore up the dance floor and I took tons of pictures which I would love to share but I think my camera cord must be at work b/c we can't find it anywhere here. I'll post tomorrow! We went to a club in Old Town Scottsdale after and I think Timmy and I were there for a grand total of 30 minutes and then decided we did not need to be out anymore! So glad we were so wise!! Wish I would have had that wisdom when I was drinking all the beer!!!
Today hasn't been as rough as I thought it would be. I got up and ate 1/2 an egg and then went to see Valentines Day with Michelle.. It was HORRIBLE. I wish we would have left after the first 10 minutes! I did go to the gym (Yay me!) and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes.. that was rough! But I think I sweat out the majority of the alcohol in my system.
So, good news is that beer and champagne do not give me any issues with the band - no extra gassiness or anything..AND thank goodness I wasn't as bombed as many of my co-horts!! I didn't do anything or say anything inappropriate!! (believe me, it's happened before!)
Bad News is that beer and champagned do not give me any issues with the band!! That's dangerous information for me to be aware of!!!
I need to tighten up my intake b/c I have a fill this week and I'll be damned if I haven't lost any weight.. I might go bananas if that happens..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like you had a blast!!! So you could actually drink the carbinated beer? I used to drink Newcastle and haven't since banded but it sounds sooo good!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your fill this week!
Sounds like a fun night...lucky you stopped because bringing it back up could have been ugly...LOL. I too can drink champagne....Yum
ReplyDeleteGreat recap of a crazy fun day. Champagne was the one thing that almost kept me from having surgery. Then I decided, damn, I'll just drink it anyway. Glad to hear I won't explode after the first sip. Great job on the workouts!
ReplyDeletethat movie was annoying. i mean really...julia roberts in the military? come on.
ReplyDelete