Major milestone today!!!
Just when I thought I wasn't losing (remember, I threw away my scale?) I headed to the doctor for my 3rd fill and when I weighed in, the PA told me I had lost 40lbs total.. SAY WHAT??? I never thought I'd ever be able to say I'd lost 40 lbs.. holy smokeroos.. that was the highlight of my day.
The big news was almost enough to help me forget about the pain that incurred thereafter when the Doc could not find my port.. and then the numbing medication wore off, and then we had to go under the x-ray machine to find it.. good news is, I do indeed have a lap band in my stomach, it's true! It was the first time I really had validation that it was there!!! I was convinced for awhile that they just opened me up and messed around in my stomach on 10/29, charged me/insurance a crap-ton of money and injected my stomach with saline every time I went in.. but it's for real, it's there!!! :)
I'm guessing that part of the weight loss is from not feeling too hot the last couple of days and not eating a ton and making multiple trips to bathroom (sorry, TMI!) but I'll take it and hopefully won't gain and keep losing!! I have another appointment for another fill in two weeks but today I feel pretty restricted today so far..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome job Jen!! Congratulations on the weight loss. p.s. Doc couldn't find my port either my first fill...OUCH!
ReplyDeleteForty pounds in two months and change? You're my hero! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete40 lbs!!!! way to go!
ReplyDelete40 lbs gone, That is quite an acomplishment!
ReplyDeleteYea - 40 lbs - that's amazing. You are truly an inspiration. We probably won't recognize you when we see you again - your smile will give you away though. Love you
ReplyDeleteWow! That's awesome Jen! You rock girl!
ReplyDeleteHi there, Jen
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through another of my blog friends and just wanted to drop you a note from here in Oz (Australia) :)
You are doing fantastically - a 40+ pound drop in two months is a wonderful start and you have a right to feel proud of yourself. I love your style of writing - chatty and happy and you pull us along for the ride! Looking forward to reading more posts.
Cara :)
Holy cow! 40 pounds and questioning whether you have the band? It will be really interesting to see what happens with this restriction picking up.. hang in there, you're doing great!
ReplyDeleteVanessa