Happy New Year all!!! Hope your Holidays treated you well!!!
I for one am happy all the holiday festivities are O.V.E.R!!!! There was too much temptation and too much eating/drinking going all around!!! I'm ready for 2010 to get a move on and for everything with me to start falling into place.
I did not make resolutions for this year b/c I usually break them so what's the point?? For once in the last 25+ years, I'm not resolving to lose weight b/c I know that it will happen for once!! I'm not going to sabotage myself like I do every year!!
I did, however, come up with some goals for myself for this year and not all are weight related. All are doable I think!!
1. Be kinder and have more patience with my husband. I know this is a huge issue I have to work on b/c I, a lot of times, lose patience quickly with him and expect him to be something he's not. I love my husband dearly and I know that I'm not always a peach to be around either!!
2. Work out at least 5 days a week. I've been doing well on this already. I've been averaging around 1.5 - 2 hours of working out 5x a week for the past several weeks. I'm hoping that it becomes a habit soon and I won't dread it every.single.time!!!
3. Get involved more. I have a new co-worker who is very involved in charity and I'm hoping to have her point me in the right direction. This will help me meet new people and give back to the community - killing two goals with one stone!!! :)
4. Take my thyroid meds daily. I've been really bad about my meds since my surgery and I'm starting to get a lot of the symptoms of my hypo-thyroid disease back. There's no reason for me to not take them, but I forget!!! (which is a huge indicator that I need to take them!!) I also think that b/c I'm not taking them daily, it's slowing down my weight loss.
5. Stop stressing when I don't lose weight quickly. I lost a good bit amount quickly after my surgery. But since the beginning of December, I've pretty much stalled. To a person who had weight loss surgery, this is completely unacceptable and stressful!! I am going in for my 3rd fill this week so I'm hoping the 3rd time is the charm.
6. Invest more time in my close friends - call more often, remember important events, etc... . I had a close girlfriend and her family visit me for New Years and this is something we talked about. My mother and my BFF share the title "queen of remembering everything" - they always remember birthdays, annivesaries, etc.. I don't have that gene. I hate that I don't send cards on time, and have to rely on FB for birthday reminders!!! I want to get better at that!
7. Get back to running and run a 5K (which I'm already signed up for in 6 weeks - yikes!!!! )
So that's that!!! Thankfully I have a running start on some of these!!
Back to work tomorrow!! Have a great week!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

thx for the support on my blog-- i'll look forward to catching up more on yours soon!
ReplyDeletevanessa