Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Keep on Keeping On...

First, thanks to everyone who commented on my last blog (aka Pity Party!) I'm feeling much better today!!  And feeling the LOVE!! I appreciate it!

So, I'm still at work.. so not fun!!! Obviously, I'm not really working right now (am taking a break :) ) but damn, can't a girl get a break every once in awhile from the craziness?? Not me or my co-horts I guess!

Had a couple of NSV (non-scale victories for the non-weight loss followers!) that I wanted to share!!
Some are kind of silly but hey, I'll take what I can get somedays!

1. Went to see my endocrinologist today. I hadn't seen her since mid-2009 and I don't think I ever told her I was getting my surgery. For the first time ever, I did not worry about getting on the scale at her office b/c I knew that whatever the number was, it was a LOT better than it was last time I was there!! She was shocked that I had lost so much weight and then I had to fill her in on the new addition to my stomach! 

2.  Tim and I were laying in bed the other night and we were comparing arm muscles and he said to me " your arms are getting skinny Miss Magoo" (his name for me) and then he said, "you are looking Hot!' - then I of course told him he had the bigger muscles and gave him a hug!! Love that man!

3.  I went to the mall last night after work and bought a pair of jeans - 2 SIZES SMALLER - WOOT WOOT!!!!!


I was scanning through some pictures on my computer the other day and I came across this gem of a pic.  This was exactly 3 weeks before my surgery and I don't even recognize myself anymore.  I still have a double chin, but definitely don't have 3 or 4 anymore!!  And the shirt I'm wearing in the pic I wear all the time now to workout and it falls off my shoulders.   Thank god for the LapBand!!! 

8 comments:

  1. Great NSV's ... love it when clothes get loose and start to fall off.. you know what that means.. TIME FOR MORE SHOPPING..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen, you are looking fantastic!! That photo really shows it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your NSVs! Great before pic - we can finally appreciate our befores because we are never going back! And you look lovely now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when your husband calls you 'hot'. Mine does that all the time now. Great NSV's.. fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! that is a lot of positives in one day. keep then coming! i love the not worrying anymore about other doctors scales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you Jen. You seem so much happier!! And that makes me smile. I just want to hug you.

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((Ha. You fixed it. The comments work now. Weee))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know what I love about that picture? I didnt even notice the chins...I love that you have an honest, real, frozen in time, smile and laugh! You look really happy in that picture!

    ReplyDelete