Friday, September 11, 2009

Long time no Blog..

So, I have a new co-worker. She's very sunshiny and always positive and it's making me crazy!!! I'm just not that happy all the time!! I need a wee bit of bitchiness in my life, I'm noticing! Anyways... she's starting to learn little things about me and the last couple of days, we spent quite a bit of time together and she was telling me that she noticed that I'm always putting on lipstick or lipgloss.. ha! I told her that is one of my obsessions/quirks! So, we started to talk about what other quirky things are about us.. and I thought I'd write a blog about it!! Most of you who know me well will recognize a lot of these things about me, however, I have picked up a few new thingys about me in the past couple of years that you might be surprised about..

1. I am obsessed with having lipstick on my lips at all times (except when I'm sleeping!) there is something about my lips being bare that I cannot stand! I can't do clear lipbalm, chapstick, gloss, etc.. it has to have some color and it has to preferably be a color that goes with my skin tone! I remember once in Chicago, counting the number of lipsticks that I had in my purse and I think I had at least 20 lip products at one time!! No wonder I always need to carry a big purse!!!

2. I love anything with Buffalo Sauce on it.. you could put buffalo sauce on some brussel sprouts and I'd probably eat them.. sadly, I have not found a low fat Buffalo Sauce alternative so my days of eating anything buffalo style may be coming to an end soon...

3. I have a freakish knowledge of all things celebrity.... I've always been good at knowing what was going on with the celebs and I think if they would have had a degree in useless celebrity knowledge, I probably would have graduated with honors.. I don't know how I know all these things.. (sometimes my friends try to scoop me and they rarely can!) b/c I don't really spend a ton of time on celeb sites getting the news.. I'm just always in the know..

4. I'm becoming more and more like my mother everyday.. I can't go into a grocery store without having to go to the bathroom.. it's scary (sorry Kath! )

5. I love Facebook, although I'm thinking I need to de-friend some friends on there.. I hate when I post a status and people go all negative on there... for instance, I said "less than a month to Mexico" and this girl I used to work with wrote something like "Oh, I'm banned from Mexico - my cousin got raped and murdered last week in Cancun.. but I'm sure you'll be fine" Ummmmm, WTH?? How am I supposed to respond to that?

6. I'm really frugal but I like to pretend I'm not.. ever since the Great Depression hit the Stull Family, we've become extremely frugal.. nothing gets us more excited than seeing how much we saved at the grocery store at the bottom of the receipt!

7. French Pedicures on toes give me the heeby-jeebies.. no one's toes should be that long.. yuck! OH, and another thing with nails.. does anyone else but me notice that when there is an older lady working at a gas station, there's a 90% chance her nails are going to be painted that dirty peachy color.. ewwwwww

8. I'm one of those people who goes into a salon and says to the hairstylist, "I don't care what you do with my hair, just as long as I can style it myself".. I think I'm a hairstylist's dream!!! Although, ever since the Great Big Bang Debacle of 2008 (where I trusted some Russian dude / aka idiot with scissors to cut my hair and my bangs were all jacked up and STILL ARE!), I'm a little more cautious with the front part of my hair!

9. I really hate negative nellies... seriously, if you have only negative things to say about everything, don't sit next to me..

10. I wish I had a talent like singing or dancing.. which is funny b/c I start shaking at the knees if I ever have to publicly speak! Yesterday, someone gave me a microphone to use for crowd participation and I felt like I wanted to start belting out "Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn.. say what?" (my new favorite song!!! )

I have a bajillion more things that I could write but work is calling my name!!

Ta Ta for Now!!

11. Ok, had to add another couple!!! As Michelle pointed out (and how can I forget?) I am obsessed with fountain pop and the ice that goes in it.. so much so that once we were up north and I made my mom stop at like 5 different places b/c I HAD to have a fountain diet coke.. (who knew everyplace between Petoskey and Pellston ONLY serves Diet Pepsi.. which is totally not the same thing!) and the ice.. while I prefer my ice to be crushed, I will take it any other way, as long as it fills up the cup!!!

12. I only will sit on the end of the aisle in movies.. I hate feeling like I'm blocked in by other people and have to step on toes to get out!!

13. I will only write with a medium point BLUE pen.. or a pencil. I hate black pens.. or fine point for that matter!!!

14. I am constantly worried that I don't have enough deodorant on!! My biggest fear is stinking!!

2 comments:

  1. One must not forget your obsession with ice. How many times do you have to tell the poor girl at AMC "Lots of ice in that DC!" I'm surprised they haven't revoked your MovieWatcher card with all the grief you give the poor kids behind the counter :). Which brings me to another quirk/obsession...you love being on the end of the aisle and having your feet up on the rail in front of you when it comes to your movie-watchin' experience. You're such a diva!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel good about our friendship! I knew most of those things about you! You are freakin funny!

    ReplyDelete