Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just My Luck - a tale of see-thru shirts and broken bling..

I'm not a very lucky girl. In fact, if you ask most people who know me well, they would tell you that in general, if something bad is going to happen, it's going to happen to me! My mom once told me that I could write a blog alone on just the crazy things that happen to me day to day..
for instance, most of you know (who am I kidding, I think a total of 4 people read this thing anyways!!) how this spring I had not one, but two foot incidences! Both on the same foot within a month from each other - one a stress fracture caused by who know's what and the 2nd a nearly broken foot/bruised ankle caused by falling on the ground in front of my doctor's office whilst wearing some cute springy shoes!! I had to wear a boot for 3 weeks for the 1st problem and as soon as the boot came off, bam, on the ground I went!! I literally could not walk for at least 4 days and for weeks after, I hobbled around.. what a mess!!

So, on to my story today. I bought some cute t-shirts at the good ole' LB this past weekend and put on what I thought was a really cute outfit this morning. Tan work capris, cute off white t and some new bling I bought at Target that pretty much exactly matched the shoes I am wearing.. I left the house thinking, "Damn Girl, you look good today".. I get to work, get in the elevator and to my horror, I see that not only can you see my bright cream bra but also my skin and the pants waist through my shirt!! Ok.. don't panic, you have this big necklace on, it'll draw any attention from the see-through shirt ( I got several compliments on the way in alone).. So, I ask my little fashion forward co-worker who sits next to me if the see-throughness is bad.. She says "no, don't you have a shirt on underneath" and I'm like " Sweetie, no.. this is my bra.. I know you've probably never seen so much fabric on one's chest such as mine, but it's no shirt!" So, she said "oh, it looks fine, your necklace is cute.. " So, I go to the bathroom and I'm sitting there doing my business (number 1 thankyouverymuch) and reading the wall newsad and suddenly I hear pop and then 3 million little beads fall onto the floor and scatter.. SHIT.. there goes my necklace!!! I mean, beads EVERYWHERE!!! Sort of everywhere that I started laughing to myself b/c I was thinking of those movies when people walk into a room and there's beads/balls everywhere and they start falling.. I could see it now.. "Mass Casualties in the ladies room caused by runaway mini-beads.. " I tried to get as many beads as I could, but they were everywhere. So, I think I have to go home and change due this horrible wardrobe malfunction. That's not real convenient though. My other co-worker, Sunshine, suggests that I go to Target which is right across the street. Great IDEA!! I marched myself and my handful of beads right to that customer service desk and demanded a refund for my defective necklace which is now only half a necklace due to said bead debacle... I got my refund, picked up a new necklace AND a camisole to go under my see-through shirt and all is right with the world now..

OH, and by the way, my #35 is to not fear booths at restaurants!!! I break out in a sweat thinking I may have to sit in a booth and GASP, not fit!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. DYING?
    Although, I thought I was your fashion forward co-worker? or am I sunshine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen, this is too funny, takes me back to high school. I can just picture you. And as 1 of the 4 peeps that read this..I concur..you have terrible luck! Thanks for the laugh. Sorry it was at your expense. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...it must run in the family. Several years ago I attended a funeral of a dear, but unconventional, friend. As the final prayers were being said, my string of pearls broke and bounced over the pews and onto the floor of the church. John would have loved it! Love, AJ

    ReplyDelete