Monday, August 31, 2009

Pour Some Sugar on Me (make sure that it's a splenda though!)

So, at work, they had this drawing for tickets to Def Leppard, Poison and Cheap Trick and my friend JRo won them. She decided she wasn't going to go so she gave the tickets to Timmy and me (later on, at approximately 5:22 on Saturday night, as we were driving to the concert, JRo decided that she did want to go to the concert so she met us there and bought a ticket).. it was approximately 1020 degrees outside on Saturday night as we spread out our blanket on the lawn of the Cricket Pavillion to catch some good old fashioned 80's rock and roll.. While the concert was amazing, the people watching was the best part ever!! And, I thought that I had big hair!! I had nothing on some of these broads!! There were people there that legitimately dress the way they were dressed in real life, day to day.. I guess, to each their own!!! Since it was so FREAKING hot on Saturday night and I was sweating buckets, I decided to count some of my dancing (aka moving my feet and waving my arms) as some activity points on the WW!!! Hey, every little bit helps, right??

Speaking of WW - I dropped 3.6 last week and am hoping for a bigger loss this week as I followed everything to a T this past week. I also have to say that I just love my husband b/c when I expressed that I was concerned that all we ever do is go to bars and that was something that I would not be able to do nor want to do once I had my surgery and began my transformation ( haha, that's what I'm calling it these days! ) he suggested we start doing more fun things that don't involve sitting at a bar, watching a sporting event.. he actually came up with some fun things to do! I appreciate that he's willing to help make the changes as well.. even compromising the things that he loves to do for me! I know that the changes in me are going to effect him more than anyone else, so I love him for making an effort!! :)

I have lots more to talk about but will leave that for a later blog.. I did see "Julie and Julia" this weekend as well and have to say that I'm in love, love, love with Julia CHild (or maybe just Meryl Streep as Julia Child) either way, her personality and attitude was definitely contagious!! If we could all be as happy and positively charming as she was!!!

2 comments:

  1. I aspire to be like Julia. She's just plain fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timmy rocks! And send some of that heat this way!

    ReplyDelete