I'm so behind on my countdown!!! Well, not really THAT far behind.. if my calculations are correct, I owe #38, #37, and #36, right??
Ok, so for #38 in honor of the age I am turning in exactly a month, I would like to say my goal is to wear a smokin dress for my #39th birthday next year.. with that dress, I'd like to either wear my #37 - high heels without worrying about breaking the heel, or #36 - tall black boots that fit over my calves ( I love, love, love the look of tall boots, but my calves have always been to big to buy them.. )..
I've also been reading a lot of blogs from people who have had the surgery. Some are truly inspiring and have me super excited for the surgery and some have me completely freaked out!! Here are some things I have gleaned from the blogs - some things that I can expect -
*The first day post will be rough - lots of pain and unable to eat much, if anything, at all.
* When you have the surgery, they pump your body with gas (CO2, maybe?) and after the surgery that gas builds up in all sorts of wierd places in your body - like your shoulders and neck and legs.. so there's some pain associated with that - they recommend walking around a lot and using a heating pad (note to self, must get new heating pad)
* I'll be on total liquid diet for about 2 weeks post-op. Jealous?? I'm going to start buying some protein stuff to "test" so that when the time comes, I'm at least drinking something that I enjoy
* I'll be on mushy foods for about 2 weeks after the liquids.. I tell you, I'm going to be a fun, fun, date!!
* I can start exercising about 2 weeks after but can't do a ton.. this is good news b/c I'm determined to not have that saggy skin that lays around your mid-section after you lose a lot of weight!!
I'm really trying to focus on the positives but I do have a little fear. I'm hopeful that since I'm so tough, I'll be able to bounce back. I really don't ever get sick and rarely ever have any side effects to much, so I'm really really praying this will be a walk in the park!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are a strong woman. I think it will be very hard, but know you will get through it..with the help of all the people who love you! I drink protein shakes for breakfast and lunch. Hemp Protein powder, chocolate almond milk, banana and strawberry! Yum!
ReplyDelete