Chicago was so many things for me and I can't stop thinking about it.. mostly good. Admittedly, it was my decision to make it a dual-purpose trip for me, spending time with the girls who (to quote Vickie from Real Housewives of OC) fill up my "love"tank, my besties and then to meet women with whom I've shared so many of my challenges, victories, highs, lows, etc... anyways, to my point..
- I had a great time.
- I loved meeting people that I'd already felt I knew from reading their blogs.
- I laughed a LOT (between Ronnie and Sofie, I don't know who had me giggling more.. )
- I made some really really good friends who I know I'll keep in touch with outside of their blogs.
- I tried too hard with some people and didn't get to really speak with them.. that kind of bummed me out.
- I didn't try enough with others who I felt made no effort to get to know me
- I heard that I was called phony by someone which hurt my feelings for like a minute b/c that might be the funniest thing about this weekend. If that person really knew me, phony is definitely not even close to an adjective that should be used to describe me.
- I had fabulous roommates who made me feel pretty and special the entire weekend!
- I got a blowjob with Sofie, Jenn and Steph (got our hairs did - get your minds out of the gutter!)
- I drank WAY too much!
- I had a very nice Saturday walk with some lovely women!!
- I did 2 cartwheels - and Deb did one too!!
- I didn't feel as if I needed to be in traction the next day after said cartwheel
- I learned a new phrase "Ain't Nobody Got time for that".. thanks Ronnie
- I heard the word "FUCK" more times that I can count from Sofie and every time she said it, I giggled.. and thought, "poor sweet Sandra is going to go home with that word in her vocabulary!"
- I learned where Tennessee was (thanks Traci!) hahahaha
- I spent some quality time with my bestie looking for wedding dresses and didn't cry when she came out for the first time in one!
- I spent some quality time with my other besties at dinner on Thursday night and then at Shannon's engagement party
- I loved the look on Mac's face when he saw me on Sunday.. it was good to be home.
Finally, I spent a lot of time taking pictures of myself with others... and showing off my one arm photo skills!
MAJOR KUDOS go to the planners for setting everything up! I don't envy your roles at all but appreciated everything you did to get this fantastic group of women together!!
Hopefully I'll be out of my slump soon.. and then it's on like Donkey Kong.. I'm more motivated than ever to get this extra weight off!!! and I'll need some help!!
xo,js









Jen you crazy, cart-wheeling, style maven you! I found you extremely REAL and I am so glad to have met you!!!
ReplyDeleteTotally just loved you to pieces (even if I am totally jealous of how beautiful you are)!!
ReplyDeleteTennessee....you know, below Kentucky and above Georgia :)
Totally Jealous!!! Get outta that slump sista!! It is your b-day month. :) HUGS!!!
ReplyDeleteIt really was wonderful to get to finally meet you this year and I'm glad you had the chance to spend time with your besties and get to know other bloggers! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe someone would call you anything but sweet, beautiful, and fun! Whatever. It was an absolute joy to meet you!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad we FINALLY got to meet IRL! Love the pic at The Bean, but we really should have taken a post-cartwheel victory shot! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for indulging me and my mom and our after dinner rapid-fire interrogation. I had so much fun hanging out with you and hope we can do it again soon.
Fuck's, Blow Jobs and Chubby Hookers... it was just that kind of a weekend!!! LOL No wonder your in a slump! HA HA
ReplyDeleteYou are one of my favourites and I will get over my fear of flying and come to sweaty AZ just to hang with you again.
Thanks for the memories and the pub cheese... Everyone here is now hooked. xxxxx Love and miss ya!!!
I smiled the whole time I read this until I saw the phony part!
ReplyDeleteBefore I read that, I knew I was going to reply that you looked exactly like your blog picture and that there is no airs about you!
I found you delightful and I would love to have that smile!
As Sofie would say, who f...ing cares!
And the friend who is getting married,(the brunette one I think?)I really like her too.(friendly and a great singer)
It was a privilege to meet you Jen!
Sandra
So, so, so sad I didn't get to go. I hope someone invites me next year :)
ReplyDeleteIt was great to meet you! Funny you were off getting your hair did while I was getting my hair did in your room, lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I got to meet you!!! I wish we could have talked more!
ReplyDeleteJen, I can't believe you went this year and I couldn't. Well, you are the most beautiful, fun, and real person I know! You can't please everyone all the time-so sad that people are so mean. I love you and will be in touch when I am back in Phoenix!
ReplyDeleteIf someone called you phony...they must be crazy. You are as real as they get. I witnessed those awesome cartwheels. I wish I had my video camera.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your break before you go see Ellen.
It was great to meet you and your smile is contagious.
Ain't nobody got time for someone who would call you phony. She sounds hideous.
ReplyDeleteYou had me rollin', lady. So glad I got to meet you. Didn't get as much time as I'd like... but I'm gonna have to come to AZ next year. Under the guise of going to see the Grand Canyon with the kids or something, but still!
Jen! I'm going to ignore the one negative because that's just stuipd. I can't get over people calling anyone anything. You were absolutly lovely and that smile of yours is the highest wattage smile I've ever seen. You simply light up a room. I will admit, I'm shy & I was having some issues this year so I wasn't out there grabbing people for private convos. But I am so glad I was able to say Hi, hug your neck and watch you sing your heart out! We'll always have the Blue Frog. xoxo's Jenny
ReplyDeleteOMG - stupid is as stupid does, I spelled it wrong! LMAO! Oh, and I meant that person is, not that you're upset about it.
ReplyDeleteI super heart you bestie! Enjoyed every minute we had together. You helped make the trip awesomesauce. I am in a funk too.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! Sounds like y'all had a great time!
ReplyDeleteI think everybody goes through a vacation slump and it sucks getting back into a routine. Hope you come out of it soon. :)
Some day we'll meet and I'll squeeze you forevah..in my snazzy Ugg boots. LOL
ReplyDeleteI don't know why but I got really angry for you when I read that someone called you phony. I haven't even met you so, honestly, I don't know if you are phony or not but the idea that someone would toss around that kind of nastiness just chaps my hide.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a great time. There is always next year to do it again.
ReplyDeleteyay!! looks like a good time. :)
ReplyDeleteI so loved having you as our roommate you were incredible in every way! I knew we would hit it off and so glad that we did!
ReplyDeleteI too drank WAY too much! We laughed about many things together, and don't you give that negative comment a second thought, because you are fantastic! You are just as beautiful first thing in the morning without an ounce of makeup on either.
Shannon was awesome, I know her wedding will be beautiful, I can not wait for you to get back here to see you more often LOL
So many great ladies and so much fun! BOOBS is a special group of women for sure!