Monday, October 29, 2012

3 Years, 80+ Pounds, One Baby and a Changed Life...

Hi all!!

Well, today is my 3 year anniversary of meeting Antonio.  I had almost forgotten until I looked at the calendar and realized that today is the 29th!! Oh, how things have turned out so differently than I envisioned them 3 years ago!!

I look back at the things I said I wanted to do once I lost weight - cross my legs, wear tall boots, ride a roller coaster etc and while I've accomplished many on the list, there are still so many things I have yet to do, although, now, they don't seem as important!  Things like:  RUN, wear a fabulous dress to a party, etc..  

Now, my life seems to be focused on the one major goal that I set out to accomplish when I decided to have weight loss surgery and that was to eventually have a family. That happened a LOT sooner than planned and boy, has he proven to be the greatest gift I ever got from Antonio!!

My new goals center around being fit enough to keep up with him.  He's a little crazy ball of energy and I'm exhausted every Sunday night at the end of the weekend, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

Do I think the Lap Band changed my life?  NO. I think the Lap Band allowed me to re-prioritize so that I  could change my life.  I've always been a happy person. I'm not any happier than I was pre-band, although I'm more confident. I look at myself differently. I'm also a lot more disappointed in myself when I don't follow through with what I want to do.  I am definitely more apt to not hold back on things b/c of my size anymore. I'm not even close to goal and most days I'm ok with that, b/c I know where I came from and I know I'll eventually get there. I'm not a model bandster and honestly, I really don't want to be. I want to continue being who I am, loving my life and taking care of myself. I do think that blogging regularly and connecting with even a few other bloggers/bandsters has made a ton of difference. I spent the first 2 years just blogging and not really connecting with others, not getting to know them at all. I'm so thankful for my Blog support now!!

Anyways, onward and downward right??

This weekend was good. Seemed really busy!!
Friday night, Joy and Michelle took me out for my birthday dinner. so fun but I drank a little too much Sangria which made it really hard to get up at the crack of dawn for the 5K we did on Saturday morning!
Saturday night, Timmy and I dressed up and went to a Halloween party. Thanks to Catherine and Stephanie for the Cleopatra idea!! I loved it!!!  (also thanks to Instagram, this picture ROCKS!) my hubs looked complely ridiculous in that Scooby Doo outfit!!  Was so fun!




We are trying to get Mac more comfortable in his Lion costume so he'll keep his head part on for more than a few seconds!! Last night was a record!  At least 2 minutes, albeit a little off-kilter! 


Hope you all had a great weekend!! 


11 comments:

  1. Great pics, you look wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I don't know who is cuter...you all three are adorable. Love your recap and reflection and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you did not give your band all the credit. I am so happy to have connected with you and I love how easy it is to just BE with you. No airs...no games...you are truly a wonderful person to be around Happy Bandiversary Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bandiversary my friend!!! You and I have taken SUCH SIMILAR PATHS, it is ridiculous! I feel like I have to plan a trip to AZ just to "officially" meet you, although I feel like I know you already!

    At any rate, keep up the great attitude and work, and keep blogging - I have to get better because it is what keeps me motivated!

    xoxoxoxo
    ~Sarah (& Mac's buddy, Liam)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy bandaversary my new friend!!

    Can I just tell you when L was 3 days short of turning 5, he had the same costume as your hubby? HILARIOUS!! I'll have to post it on my blog later!

    You look lovely :)

    Mac is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy bandiversary!!! It's so great hearing how three years later the band is incorporated in your life and how you've gone through it all. Here's to another amazing three years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I just love your smile! Great costumes, and Mac is SO adorable!! Happy Bandiversary to you, but mainly happy Anniversary to you taking control of your life and making those things happen for yourself. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Bandiversary. You look great. And Mac. Well if I accomplished a Mac I would be blissfully happy to the ends of time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all look fabulous in your costumes!

    Happy Bandiversary! Your biggest goal in this was to have a baby...Success! You're a success! And I have no doubt that you'll accomplish anything else you set out to do! (Did I include enough !!!!'s?)

    ReplyDelete