Thursday, October 25, 2012

10 Things for Thursday..

1.  I am turning into a 16 year old girl..  I have pimples all over my face and it's super annoying b/c even when I was 16, I never broke out like this..  and it turns out, a lot of my co-workers, including my boss, are having the same issue.  Hmmmmmm, stress perhaps??


2.  Tuesday was my birthday and my girlfriend Heather made me this card:
She always makes hilarious cards for people and laminates them and adds all sorts of little pictures of the things we like to do in our lives ( I forgot to take a pic of the inside).. so anyways, my boss was looking at it yesterday and she put a little thing that said "I Love Blogging" on there and he was like, "you have a blog? What is it?" I was all "um yeah, and um not telling you!"..  I think he was a little upset I  would not give him my blog name! HELL NO!!!  He asked if I ever blogged about him which is hilarious to me since I NEVER Mention him so of course I responded with "all the time.. "..  

3. Speaking of my boss and my birthday, he got me this card : 
which is funny considering I'm the least political person I know and you'll never know who I vote for b/c it's frankly no one else's business but mine, but I will tell you, that it's been a definite conversation piece the last couple of days!! 

4.  So, after almost 3 years, I finally made the connection that I cannot drink anything bubbly and then expect to eat afterwards.. I had a glass of champagne on Friday night and immediately got stuck on a piece of cheese.. had a glass of diet coke on my b-day (it was my little treat to myself - along with a shake and a piece of cake, ugh) and got stuck on whatever I ate right after..  I'm a dope that I never connected the dots before even after talking to several people about it!!! 

5.  We are going to a Halloween party on Saturday night and I'm so excited! I LOVE my costume.  I'll post pics early next week. My husband is going to be Scooby Doo, which is hilarious..  he looks ridiculous. 

6.  My dad's kidney transplant is SCHEDULED!!! YAHOOO!!! December 7th! I'm flying into Detroit on the 6th and staying until the 9th. The surgery will take place at UofM hospital so I'll have to step foot in dreaded Ann Arbor that weekend!! If any of you Michigan gals want to have lunch maybe Saturday or Sunday and can come my way, let me know! 

7.  I'm doing Speck's challenge and miracle of all miracles, I was down over a lb this week! I did so good until Tuesday when I overimbided on cake and ice cream! But I'm back on track as of yesterday. I honestly am never going to win a challenge and that's cool with me, I just like the challenge. 

8.  I worked out last night for the 3rd time this week. and I have Pilates tonight.  I'm on a roll.. must.not.stop!!!

9. I'm doing the Making Strides for Breast Cancer walk this weekend with some work buddies. If you are of the giving kind and want to donate, here's my link: 

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=47422&pg=personal&px=30292125

10.  Have a good weekend~!! 

xo



11 comments:

  1. Love the card!! Hilarious. :) Good news about your dad's surgery. Hope it goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be keeping your dad in my prayers!

    I can't drink anything bubbly any where close to eating either and I can't drink anything at all right after eating...makes me sick every time.

    Can't wait to see your costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that card was hilarious.

    And again,(because I already commented on FB) I am so happy for your dad. It really touches my heart because of my brother's own circumstances with a transplant.

    I can't wait to see pictures of your costume.

    And you can win the challenge. It is SOOO close.(I promise) lol

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Just found your blog! Love it!!

    Loriehttp://ijusatemywillpower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've mentioned that I blog before and have had to dodge that question. Mr. X sat next to me while I blogged several times, and I would never let him see. Drove him crazy. :PPPPP

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be praying for your pops! and you know I can't handle the bubbly...just hurts me, it may be that your last fill shut that door on you. You are rocking the challenge and I wish you wouldn't say you can't win, because I can definitely see you winning---Love you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad your dad got surgery scheduled. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time anyone I know hasasked me for the address or link I've said that my blog is like my diary and it's one thing complete strangers going through similar things reading it but quite another giving it to my friends. They pretty much shut straight up then.

    Keeping you and your dad in my prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, about your skin - I dont know what you do but if you work in an office and its happening to both you and your coworkers, you might want to check out the ventilation/AC in the office. That'll mess your skin up pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete