Saturday, December 26, 2009

Goodbye Old Friend.....

Today, the day after Christmas, I bid a sad goodbye to something that has been with me through thick and thin, good and bad, ups and downs... but also to something that I've become addicted to and reliant on EVERY.SINGLE.DAY for the past several years.. yes, today, my Scale and I bid adieu... I know there are several of you out there who are shocked by my admission, but yes, Suzy the Scale and I needed to part ways.. I have been finding myself Obsessed with getting on the scale every morning before I shower (after I pee, of course!) and getting discouraged when it doesn't go the way I want it to. This is not the life I want to live!!! Before you all go thinking I'm CRAZY... I still have my scale on the Wii, which will be used only weekly for check-ins.. I'm promising myself that, kind of like an early New Year's Resolution.



My last couple of days surrounding Christmas have been pretty good. I've come to the conclusion that if it's a bread-like substance, I cannot eat it. I've been having a really hard time keeping food down so I'm assuming that means I have pretty good restriction with my most recent fill last week. Timmy and I had a fabulous Christmas Eve dinner at a restaurant in Scottsdale called Eddie V's. I've been wanting to go there for a while b/c I love seafood, and it was worth the wait! I had some amazing Crab stuffed Shrimp and an heirloom tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella salad. Thankfully, I did not have to eat a lot to feel full and it all stayed down!!



We spent Christmas day with Michelle and Brandon and Michelle's family. It was fun and got a little out of hand towards the end of the evening with the boys having a bit too much to drink!!



When I told Kennedy about getting rid of my scale, this is how she reacted! She couldn't believe it!

some other misc pictures from yesterday -

Timmy was doing his impression of Santa for KD - Ho, Ho, Ho..

This would have been a cute one until Jay jumped in without us knowing!!!


Laughing at Tim not knowing how to take the picture



And finally, an almost smily KD with her Godmother and Mommy!


4 comments:

  1. Good for you saying goodbye to that scale. I am still weighing in each morning and not sure I want to give it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kennedy's still a little upset about your loss but feeling much better now that her and Timmy have something in common...wink, wink :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish that I had the to guts to break off my relationship with the scale!! I still do step on it every day, but I try to not get discouraged when it doesn't go down, I know it goes in cycles.

    Looks like you had a fantastic Christmas!!

    Here's hoping that the rest of the Holidays are just as good if not better!!

    Debi: hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is awesome that you are kicking out the scale! Good for you!!! I think it is a really healthy and smart thing to do.

    You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete