As I sit here wracking my brain to come up with something to write for my annual Performance Review ( I mean, I know I did a LOT of stuff this year in my job, so why isn't it coming to me to write it down?? ) I started letting my mind wander about my past year and how much has gone on with me, Jen... not work related, but Jen related.
I've definitely had a very crazy year, full of lots of highs and a couple lows.. thought I'd share..
So, was 2009 a good year?? I think so!!! I know that 2010 is going to be even better!!!
Let's start with the good stuff!!!
Highs:
1. The Obvious - my surgery to change my life.. I honestly didn't think that when I had my first visit on 11/3/08, that I would actually go through with this. I never commit fully to anything ( besides my marriage!) so I thought that I would either chicken out or change my mind.. so glad I didn't.
2. We had some awesome trips this year!!! Mexico, Atlanta, Chicago, LA, Sedona, Vegas.. we were traveling fools
3. Frequent visitors.. we saw my parents and our closest friends several times this year - we LOVE visitors!!! Hopefully we'll be seeing lots more of you all next year!!
4. Sweet Little Kennedy H was born!! And all of our lives were changed for the better..
5. Michigan State made it to the National Championship in BBall.. and then lost! :(
6. Tim's job hiccupped a little but he ended up successful this year!
7. I went to see Ellen!!! And got to dance and laugh and swoon over RPatts!!
8. I met some awesome people through blogs and reconnected through others on FB
Now, the Lows...
1. Too many close friends lost a parent this year. I can't imagine their pain and am so sorry..
2. I follow far too many Caring Bridge sites now.... if you have a Caring Bridge page, most likely, you have a serious illness. I know too many people who have a loved one that is sick..
3. I had a miscarriage when I wasn't supposed to be able to even get pregnant.. Like I have always said, this one is a catch-22 - it's a positive that I may be able to get pregnant some day, but a negative that the one time I am, I lose..
4. My dad told us this year that he will need a kidney transplant. Imagine how horrible it is to hear when you call the transplant coordinator that your BMI is too high and that you can't even be considered a candidate for donation. It's one of the things that keeps me motivated to keep working out and plugging away at this weight loss thing.. I want to at least be considered.
5. I missed my 20 year high school reunions, partly b/c I didn't want to go and be the "fat" girl or the one who has no kids yet..
Thankfully, the highs outweigh the lows.. I'm a firm believer in that you can only grow by going through the tough times.. unfortunately, Timmy and I have learned that far too many times in the past couple of years. That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right??
Ok, back to my review and trying to figure out how to say in so many words that I'm a Rockstar!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're our "rockstar" Jen and don't ever forget it. Love you
ReplyDelete