I've been reading lots of blogs with hugely motivational New Years Resolutions and plans. I usually don't do resolutions but this year, I feel the need to Re-Set a couple of things.
2011 was a wash in terms of weight-loss obviously with the birth of Mac. I NEED to lose the rest of the weight I had planned to lose when I got the band. I still have 70 lbs to get to my initial goal and 85 to get to where I would LOVE to be. Heck, to be honest, I'd be happy losing 60 lbs b/c that would be less than I've weighed in my adult life. But, I want to strive for more. Honestly, I'm sick of doing things half-assed. I know I do it, I fully take accountability for why I've not focused on the weight loss.. there really are no other excuses! My band is pretty good right now, I'm just not making the right choices. Time to stop the madness!!
I recently had a food intolerance test done at my doctor. It was pretty eye-opening. I'm apparently extremely intolerant to gluten and sugar. GREAT!! I'm going to try to limit both and see how much better I feel. I'm also going to follow the recommended foods list pretty closely and see how that makes me feel. I'll keep you posted.
Other things I'm resetting:
- I've been taking a Pilates fundamentals class and I love it!! Once I "graduate" from that, I've signed up to take it 2x a week, so I'm excited to have a "commitment" each week for that.
- I got a bike for Christmas. I love working out outside, so I'm hoping that this will motivate me to get out more as well.
- I worked out a schedule with Tim so that there are a few nights a week where I can work later and then get to the gym. I just can't go home, do the stuff I need to do with Mac and then go to the gym.. I know that it doesn't work for me, so if I don't go straight from work, I know I won't go.
- I'm really reevaluating some of the relationships in my life.. I have always been the one who makes the plans, the one who reaches out to people, etc.. honestly, I'm kind of done.. I feel like if it weren't for me making the plans, I wouldn't have plans with anyone. I've said this before, but I'm sick of being 2nd choice with most of the people I know. It sucks, b/c I'm such a good friend and it's unfortunate that people are missing out on that part of me.
- I'm going to be blogging a lot more and NOT just about Mac!! I need to blog more, regardless of whether or not anyone reads. It's a good release and I love catching up and following what you are all doing.
- I'm definitely considering coming to Chicago for BOOBS 3.0.. it's something to look forward to and will help me with keeping myself committed b/c I want to look gooooooood!!
xo,js

Sounds like a great plan! I, for one, will definitely be reading and tracking your progress...I know we can do this!
ReplyDeleteWow Jen... I swear we have so much in common... your comment that "I have always been the one who makes the plans" really stuck out to me - me too, and I've purposely over the last few years let things lapse, and it is fascinating to see who has stepped up and who hasn't. I haven't regretted it one bit! Good goal-setting... I need to put some in writing for myself too!
ReplyDeleteHa - ironic - I'm starting 30 days gluten free as of yesterday! I'm glad you are posting some goals! I love the new year and I hope to see you at BOOBS!!!
ReplyDeleteHey love! You are an amazing friend and you shouldn't take less then you're putting out there. Sorry that I wasn't able to see you in AZ. I thought about you and showed my mom Mac's adorable photos, but mom had me booked solid for the week I was home. Literally EVERY day and night! I'll be back this year and you will be a priority. And, I'm thinking Chicago too, so maybe I'll see you there. xoxo
ReplyDeleteHey! I just started a gluten-free diet two weeks ago (celiac disease). I didn't really believe I would notice a difference, but I did- two days later I noticed nothing really "bothered" me- no pains, stomach upset, etc. Two weeks in I have tons of energy and I've lost 6 pounds (totally not trying to.
ReplyDeleteI have some great recipes and food choices that aren't weird tasting. I honestly thought I'd never be able to do this because I LOVE baking and eating cakes, cookies, pies, pasta, bread, etc. I am/was a HUGE flour girl- and I can honestly tell you I haven't missed it at all.
You can e-mail me at totalmomsense@comcast.net.
Love it! This is going to be a great year for you!
ReplyDelete