I saw "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" on Friday night with my friend Julie.. It was soo good!! I hadn't read any of the books but I'm definitely going to do so now.
Saturday, I had a facial in the morning at a beauty school in Scottsdale and she did a really good job and for CHEAP!! My skin was sooo dry. She asked me early on if I was claustrophobic and I didn't think I was until she started to put this gauze on my face and then started to apply some crazy heavy mask.. I kind of had a mini-panic attack and she had to stop!! I guess I"m more clautrophobic than I thought!!
Saturday night we went out with friends to a local sports bar and watched the Lions/Saints game.. the poor Lions.. maybe next year!!
Sunday morning, Michelle organized a little hike up in Cave Creek. It was a fabulous way to start the day. It was a bit chilly but we all had fun and then went and had a nice little lunch. Mac was a trooper! He started to fuss right at the end but he did sooo well just hanging out in front of his daddy!!
Finally, last night we went to the Phoenix Suns/Milwaukee Bucks game.. we had front row, center court seats (not physically ON the court) but 1st row in 1st level. We got sooo lucky with these tickets and only ended up paying 1/4 of what they are usually worth!! Too bad the game was a game between two stinky teams!!! Would have been more exciting had it been like the Lakers or Heat or something, but oh well.. it was a fun, random night out and our friends Joy and Rob volunteered to watch Mac so a win-win all around!!
So, back to the grind this week. I have all my workouts planned out and am ready to start the week off strong!! I got on the scale this morning and am down 4 total for the last week and half. Want to keep that momentum going so I'm trying to stay focused. I've done pretty good on the Less-Gluten diet this past week and I do feel a little bit of a difference. I'm sure I'd feel a whole heap of a difference if I went full g-free..
So, if you are still hanging with me, I got tagged by two of my new bandster friends on a little survey thingy going around.. I love having new people to follow and get to know!! I'm totally cheating and not following the rules by not posting 11 random things about myself or tagging anyone else!! By now, there is really nothing new I could tell you that would be random that you didn't already know!!
These questions came from Lisa
1) Do you have any pets? Yes! I have two Beagles - Frieda (6) and Murphy (9).. right now, they are on my list though b/c I think Murphy is acting out b/c of Mac.. either that or she's just getting really old and a pain in the ass..
2) If you could have dinner with any person dead or alive, who would it be? hmmm, that's a hard question. I'm not sure.. may have to come back to that.
3) Do you prefer the country, city or beach if you had to choose a place to live? I prefer City. I would move back to Chicago in a heartbeat if I could work it out that I would have my fantastic job there! I love Chicago b/c of the city aspect and you have the water too..
4) What is your #1 vice? Facebook... not going to lie..I'm obsessed with checking it.
5) Do you love your career? If you don't have one, are you satisfied? I would not call what I do my career. I had a career in my 20s and then when I got laid off, I ended up in a field that I had no intentions of ever staying in. I consider what I do now just a job, but a job that I love and am planning to stay at until they give me the boot.
6) Do you have any artistic abilities? Ha! If you asked any of my friends, they'd laugh.. I'm pathetically not artistic in ANY way, nor am I crafty!!
7) If you were cooking to wow someone, what would you cook? What is your best dish? I'm no cook.. but I do make a mean banana chocolate chip muffin!! and excellent sausage balls!!
8) What is your favorite sport to watch and to play? I love College sports - football and basketball. I don't really play sports though, but when we lived in Chicago, we played in the beer softball league.. does that count?
9) Are you a morning person or a night owl? I'm definitely a morning person. I prefer to be in bed by 10!!
10) Do you have a doppledanger? (Is there a celebrity/famous person you resemble the most)? Nope!
11) When you get to mini goals, how do you reward yourself or how will you? I am bad about setting goals. I am generally the type of person who if I want something, I'll just buy it for myself. I should do better about setting goals and rewarding myself!!
These questions came from Jenn
1. Paperback, nook, kindle or other? I have the iPad with the Kindle on it. I will never go back to paperback!!
2. Favorite place to vacation? Up North Michigan at my parents house on the lake
3. Mommy or daddy's girl? I'm definitely a mom's girl..
4. Tomboy or girlie girl? Kind of a mix - I was kind of tomboyish growing up but am now pretty much right in between
5. Did you play sports in school? explain - I played soccer growing up and I was also a gymnast. In high school, I was a cheerleader and believe me, cheerleading in Mississippi IS a sport.. we did all sorts of competitions.
6. PC or MAC? PC
7. Favorite band or singer of all time? I love Madonna but I don't really have a favorite - ALL TIME singer. I also am pretty obsessed with Bon Jovi!! :)
8. Favorite movie of all time? The Sound of Music
9. When you go to Vegas...slots or tables? definitely tables. I love me some roulette!
10. Beer or wine or none? I'm a Coors Light girl
11. Favorite reason to blog? I like to see what people are up to and it's a good way to document where I'm at and where I'm going.



Loved reading your questions and answers!
ReplyDeleteI too loved your answers!! It is definitely a great way to get to know each other more.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, we went and saw the Girl w/ the Dragon Tattoo as well on Fri night. The original Swedish version is a LOT better. This US version is great but if you have netflix by chance, all 3 of the movies (three in a series) are on there. Pretty intense :)
Lastly - gorgeous photos. You guys are an adorable family! Your little man is rediculously cute!
Your family is just too cute!
ReplyDeleteI love The Sound of Music. And about Coors Light, my mom drinks it so I got turned on to it but I LOVE Coors Original. You just can't find it at ANY bars at all...you can only drink it at home. Bummer. :)