I got a bike for Christmas. I may have mentioned it in my last blog. It's a cute little thing, kind of like a cross between a cruiser and a mountain bike, nothing hardcore but it'll serve it's purpose.
I've ridden said bike once since Christmas. Partly b/c I had some excuse or another that I was too busy, came home too late, Tim wasn't home to watch Mac, blah, blah, blah.. whatever, you know the drill..
Last night was different. It has been beautiful here in AZ this past week, like in the high 70s in the afternoons and low 50s at night.. perfect weather. The only thing that sucks is that it gets dark pretty quickly, like around 6.
I arranged for Tim to pick up Mac from daycare so I could go home, change and take Suzy for a spin (yes, I've named the bike Suzy).
It was duskish but I was determined to get a good ride in.
I cruised on out of my neighborhood onto a trail up the street.. I encountered a dog and a human on the trail, just as the trail was heading on a downward slope, into sand and then was straight uphill.. I thought, Holy Shit, I have to pass this person and not only try to keep my balance on the sand but get up the ginormous hill without falling off Suzy.. I did it, but kept thinking, "he's probably thinking, look at that chubbo huffing and puffing to get up that hill".. he would have been right.. I was breathing like I had been runnning from an African Mountain Lion, trying to save my life..
The rest of the ride was hard, I hit pavement and the route I took was mainly up hill b/c where I live is on the way to a couple of hiking mountains so it's an incline most of the way.. I ended up going around 10 miles last night and the best part was downhill.. with the wind in my hair.. although I was going pretty fast and it was dark and I was a little terrified that I'd run off the sidewalk.. It felt great!! I'm going to try to do a ride at least 2 times a week and incorporate it in with my Pilates and then throw in a few sessions on the Elliptical as well.. we'll see how that works out!!
Oh, and I jumped on the scale today.. down 2 lbs since this weekend! yay me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Next time I'd appreciate a pre or post ride pic of you and Suz. Proud of you! Hope to be joining your bike ride outings soon!
ReplyDeleteyour bike blog was great! It sounds like fun. I really would like to get back to riding. I just joined your blog..won't be banded until next month but live her in arizona too. Look forward to following the rest of your journey!
ReplyDeleteWahoo! Sounds like a great ride!
ReplyDeleteI'm too scared to ride a bike through the mountains...freaks me out...I just know I'd fall and they'd have to send the helicopter out and I'd have to pay for it because of the "dumb hiker law." It would just be a mess! LOL.
I love riding my bike so much! I'm glad you're enjoying yours. Please go get some bike lights so you don't have to worry about riding off the path.
ReplyDeleteHi Jen! New to your blog - this is Lisa from The Saucy Bandster. I am so loving your blog. I am going to start from the beginning and work my way to now. But I just wanted to say hello and how absolutely scrumptious your baby is! A-dor-able!
ReplyDelete