Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This Girl vs. That Girl..

So, the other day, I took out my driver's license and it must be b/c I rarely look at my driver's license, but I was APPALLED by what I saw.. 
Do you see the expiration date on that thing??  10/23/36, which means that I get to look at this picture for the next 26 years, or until I'm 65 years old (I think I'm doing the math right)... Arizona is a wacky state!!!
Ok so, the real reason for my post title is b/c I look at this picture and it makes me so sad. That girl had no idea what was in store for her almost 3 years later. And, there's another ID picture that I can't get rid of either above ( my work ID) 

 Let's compare:  the pics above is THAT GIRL, the pic below is THIS GIRL: (taken today)

  • That girl rarely got compliments unless they came from her husband, who has always told her she was beautiful, no matter her size
  • This girl gets complimented every.single.day..  especially from her dear friend/co-worker Marty who says something nice to her EVERYDAY... and tells her/encourages her on how good she's looking. (shout out to Marty who told me she reads my blog "when she needs a pick-me-up")

  • That girl would come up with a million excuses to not get up early in the morning to work out and to not work out after work either
  • This girl wakes up naturally at 5:00 every morning (even on the days she doesn't work out) and laces up her sneaks and heads to her morning torture session - and LOVES it - and then sometimes does a 2nd workout in the evenings..  like a crazy person. And works out on average 6 times a week.

  • That girl knew there was no way she'd ever lose her excess weight on her own and didn't have any hope at all..
  • This girl knows she'll never be that big ever again and knows that there is a light at the end of the weight loss tunnel

  • That girl always was a big talker about the things she wanted to do
  • This girl actually does the things she says she wants to do

  • That girl had the best friends and family in the world
  • This girl still has that but has added to her friends with incredible people she met through blogging

  • That girl was so sad and didn't realize it
  • This girl is so happy (most of the time) and spreads it around to everyone around her.
So glad I have the reminders of That Girl (that are not going to be leaving me any time soon it appears!) I know they'll always remind me of where I came from and where I'm never going back to!


Have a great day!!
xo,js

18 comments:

  1. Awww, what a great post! You go and get a new license picture when you get to goal cause no one would recognize This Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! While I am sorry I didn't know "that" girl, I am so happy to have found "this" girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This girl is a total rock-star!!!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love this post!!! Grace is right, you are a rockstar!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love it. This girl is pretty damn cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This girl is an inspiration... one that this girl needs right about now! *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVED this post.

    (WTF, 2036? How will they even know it's you? Weird!!!!)

    Anywhoozle, enough about Arizona and back to.... your hotness! Really though, you've come so far and you look like you're enjoying yourself and the ride.

    You're lovely, inside and out, and it showed before. But now, you shine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, all I have to say is that you are an amazing beautiful woman...I am so glad I've gotten to know you!!!

    Seriously though, your drivers license doesn't expire for 36 years? I just got mine renewed and it is only valid for 8.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Love this post. I admire all the changes you have made in your transformation from That to This! This is pretty damn awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That girl made this girl and I am so happy for her.

    Love following you. I'm also an AZ girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading this!! You are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can get new pics. Just say you lost your driver's license or work ID. Or conveniently put it through a shredder:-) I guess it might cost you a bit of money but hopefully they will take a new picture when they realize the old one doesn't look remotely like you!

    You're looking great and deserve to have a new picture to look at for the next 35 years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post- The That Girl/This Girl brought tears to my eyes:) I am one month in (and down 20 pounds:)) and am just starting to beleive that I will be THIS girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love reading this and that - you are such a wonderful person and you know how much we love you

    ReplyDelete