Ok, moving on to Thousand Word Thursday: the topic that Amy gave us today was:
"A decoration in your home that is very meaningful to you - a family heirloom, a gift from your BFF, etc."
For this one, I chose this:
This is my Grandma Frieda. She passed away in 1987 when I was 16. I think I miss her every day. I keep her picture in my bedroom. We've moved around a lot so you can see the frame is a little scratched, but for some reason, I love to have this picture in my bedroom. She was a phenomenal woman. I wish she had lived longer to see the major milestones in our lives, like the birth of her great-grandchildren ( I know she would have just loved them) her grandchildren get married, etc.. I'm told I have have a lot of her in me including her love of entertainment and her kindness. I know that I inherited her "bingo" arms too!! Our youngest dog is actually named after her!! She likes to watch TV so we always say she got that from her grandma!
This weekend was super fun out in LA. It was great to see our friends and just relax and hang. We went to Santa Monica on Sunday - it was awesome to get away from the heat and into some cooler temps!! They have a sweet little one - Delaney, who in the past 4 months since I've seen her has grown like a weed and into the most hilarious little sass-pot!!! Also, I think I'm becoming one of those people that takes their own picture ALOT!!! it's somewhat ridiculous how many pictures I just downloaded from my camera that are of just me.. am I becoming VAIN?? Say it ain't so!!! :)
xo,js




Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteMe loves my Santa Monica!
You look great!!!! I am so impressed with 6 miles!! I am hoping to get there soon.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing awesome with the exercise. You make me feel like quite the slacker. I love the picture of your grandmother and you look great.
ReplyDeletejesn, I just wanted to say, you have such an AMAZING smile. it just totally lights up any picture in!! I love the Clara Bow hairstyle on your Grandmother. very retro!!
ReplyDeletewhat a special picture!! I love Grandmothers...and your other pics are great! You look fab!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful blog and tribute to Frieda - thank you Love you lots mamamagoo
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! I love the one of your Grandma, I think its very sweet.
ReplyDeleteI keep the same photo. She was a blessing. You look terrific! Love, S
ReplyDelete