Sunday, September 12, 2010

Spilling the Beans...

So today was my 7 mile training walk.  I went down to Central Phoenix with my friends, "the Jens' and we walked the most beautiful trail, one that you wouldn't even know was in Phoenix b/c was there was not a cactus in sight!!  While they are both runners, one of the Jens is going to walk the 1/2 marathon with me while the other one runs, so they have both committed to helping me with my big training walks, which is super kind of them. It was nice to be with others and listen to them chat about boys.  They are both single hot moms who are traversing the scary dating world and it's super entertaining to listen to them talk about it.

At one point, we started talking about my band.  Everyone I know knows about my band however, no one but my dr. actually knows my starting weight. I was saying how when I say I've lost 75lbs, I still get the "really?" look b/c I'm still a big girl and I think people are surprised that I've lost 75 to look this way. Jen #1 was saying that she was surprised b/c she would never have guessed that I had 75 to lose so then I said, "yeah, and I still want to lose 70 more and even then, I'll still be considered overweight"..  she almost fell off the trail. So, at that point, I decided to come clean about my starting weight. Needless to say, they were shocked that I weighed what I weighed at my starting weight.  It was the first time I ever felt comfortable telling someone what I started at.  I'm not proud of it, but what I am proud of is that I've gotten to where I am and know that I'll get to my goal, whatever that may be, sometime in the next year or so.  I know I can trust these girls and they would never judge me.

I'm not going to make any big revelations on my blog, so don't get excited.  I, unlike many people I follow, am not 100% comfortable discussing my weight and don't think I ever will be.  About 25% of the people that are "followers" are friends or family and I'm not ready to disclose to the world yet!! :) We all have a level of what we care to share and with whom. 

Anyways..  this weekend has been a mix-mash of not feeling well, really busy and really laid back. Yesterday I woke up with a massive migraine which has returned this afternoon.  Last night we went out with some friends to see JB Smooth at the Tempe Improv.  I gotta tell you, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. I've never heard of him but he's freaking hilarious. I guess he's on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Til Death".. and he's seriously funny.  Today after our walk, we looked at houses, which may be the reason for my headache. We are moving at the end of October and I hate the thought of moving.. 

I'm gearing up for my big weekend in 2 weeks where all my besties come to town for our friend Margo's bachelorette.  it's going to be nutso. I'm somewhat stressed b/c there are going to be 10 of us staying at our house.  Timmy is being banished to an apartment that our friend Nicole's husband hooked us up with!!  Many of you guys will be in Chicago that weekend and I wish the timing would have turned out differently so that I could have met ya'll!!!  If you need any recommendations for places to go out for drinks and/or dinner, let me know!! I lived there for 10 years and am somewhat of an expert in food and booze in Chicago!! :)

Hope you all had a great weekend! xo,js

5 comments:

  1. I can totally empathize with your desire not to talk numbers. What a great place that you are at to even share with 2 of your closest friends - that is an accomplishment and milestone on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fabulous at any weight Jen. Wish I could have walked that trail with you - it sounds like a fun time. I love girl time and talks like that.

    Yes, please can you give the group some tips? I'd be happy to post it on my blog or the boobs blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that you're kicking your husband out and moving 9 girlfriends in. You're my hero!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you whole heartedly that you should disclose only what you are comfortable with but I will say that life becomes sooooo much easier once you just blurt out that stupid number. This keeps from people from trying to do the math in their head and trying to figure out what you must presently weigh, etc.
    It's a number and a shrinking one at that...takes its power away and just tell the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great you have friends who are so supportive. We'll miss you in Chicago, but I'm sure you'll have a blast.

    ReplyDelete