Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful...

Before I get all sappy and talk about the things I am thankful for, I'd like to shout to the heavens about a super morning I've had!!! I was getting ready for work this morning and put on my shirt (it's a little loose BTW) and then figuring out which jeans I should wear. I pulled one pair on, nope, way too baggy, so I put on another pair that I've had for YEARS and nope, too baggy and looked ridiculous, so I went to the "goal" pair - the pair of jeans that I last wore in 2006 when I lived in Minneapolis - the pair that I kept b/c I loved them so much, the style, the cut and that I swore I would wear again, well, guess what?? they fit!!!! I ran out of my closet and into the office to give Timmy the news, to which he replied, "Miss Magoo, you're looking hot!" What a way to kick off my morning!!! Now granted, the jeans are a little snug in my waist and belly but the legs and butt are almost loose!!! So exciting!!! The weight may not be going down much but clearly some things are moving in the right direction!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So, I started the C25K on Saturday and did day 2 on Tuesday and tweaked something in my back and now am walking around like an old lady.. I swear if it's not one thing it's another!!!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd talk about the things I'm thankful for. I'm thankful that a little over a year ago, I had the wherewithall to decide that I'd had enough of the dieting, the promises I'd made to myself to lose weight and the constant beating myself up, to walk into my doctor's office and decide that I needed to not only change my life, but do something to prolong it.

I'm thankful that my family was so supportive and even though they were concerned, never tried to talk me out of it.

I'm thankful that when I decided to tell the few people I did at first, they became my cheerleaders and then when I started telling others, they became my biggest supporters.

I'm thankful that I have a fabulous husband who although tends to drive me crazy part of the time, he's my best friend.

I'm thankful for having not only a decent job, but one that I enjoy going to everyday and being around the people I work with.

I'm thankful that I have the ability to travel to fun places in a year and hang out with fantastic friends.

I'm thankful that even though I was only pregnant for a short time this year, I was given hope that someday...

I'm thankful that I found so many people through blogs that are going through or have gone through the things that I am and help me find out where I'm headed..

I'm thankful for Antonio today b/c he allowed me to get into these jeans!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
xo

3 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! What a fantastic NSV! I'm commenting from Phoenix and you are right, the weather here is amazing! Happy Thanksgiving Jen. When I come back to Phoenix (for a longer visit, I'm only here three days this time), we will definitely need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are one hot mama in those jeans! Way to go. Enjoy the moment and I can so relate to a husband that sometimes drives me crazy but he is my best friend. We lucked out in that department.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay my friend! What an awesome feeling! You deserve it! Love the grateful list!

    ReplyDelete