Yes, I was a cheerleader!!! Anyone remember that cheer??
My back aches.. (not anymore!!)
My pants too tight... (uh, nope!!!)
My hips shake from the left to the right, from the left, to the right, to the left..
Anyone?? Maybe it was a Mississippi thing!! Anyways, the point being is that my hips were shaking like crazy on Tuesday when I went to see ELLEN!!!!! And if you watched today, you might just catch a glimpse of said hip-shaking!!!
We had such a good time in LA!! Ellen was all that and more!! We got to see Robert Pattinson who up until about a week or so ago, I really did not care about nor did I think much of him.. until I saw him in person and I squealed like a teenager when he came up our aisle and shook my hand!!! Ridiculous!!! So, needless to say, I'm very thankful that little part of the show ended up on the cutting room floor!!!
So, I finally graduated to solid foods!! Actually it was somewhat anti-climactic!! I made the executive decision (I mean, I am the CEO of Jen, Inc... afterall!) to move up my solid-food day to two days earlier mainly due to the fact that I was going to be in LA and I knew it would be hard to find band-friendly foods to eat on the run. Or so I thought.. I actually kind of just started eating "soft" solid foods.. I had a croissant from Starbucks.. (so good and yet so bad for me!) and I ate a real piece of chicken.. not just somthing that had been shredded, schmooshed, etc..
I think my biggest issue is that I am not drinking enough water during the day. I used to be that person that was running back and forth to the bathroom all the time and I'm just not thirsty, but I've been getting headaches which makes me think I may be a little dehydrated and my weight loss has all but slowed down to a turtle's pace.. which I kind of expected but didn't really want!! AND I've been able to eat much more than I was a week ago. I know that this part of the process (between healing and first fill) is all mental for me. I need to act like I'm on a diet again and then hopefully once I get my first fill, all will be well again. The good thing about all the blogs I'm following, almost everyone is a step or two ahead of me and I can get insight as to how things are going right now with me and know that it's all normal!
I'm planning to start the C25K program tomorrow (couch to 5K) so that I can work on hitting one of my goals I set for myself - run a 5K. I've never been a runner so wish me luck!!
Here are some pics of our trip this week!! Have a great weekend!
I was VERY excited to go to Ellen! 

We got to see the Friends set and sit on the couch!! 


Sounds like so much fun Jen! I love Ellen!! I'll tell you my weight loss slowed down when I was in mushies and solids and I read a post from Amy about drinking 100 oz of water a day. I upped my water intake drastically. Always had a bottle by my side and drank all of the time. With that, I started dropping the weight again. Water does a body good!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! I hope someday I can go to a live taping like that, what fun
ReplyDelete