Hey All!! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!! We had a very nice, much needed relaxing one. We had a fabulous dinner at our friends Clay and Nicole's house. It's always good to catch up with them!! They are the type of friends that even if you haven't seen each other in months, you can easily pick up where you left off.. those are my kind of people!!!
I did pretty well in terms of eating on Thanksgiving.. didn't fill my plate and didn't finish what was on it. That's a first!!! I didn't have anything breadlike b/c that seems to be my biggest issue. I had my first glass of wine as well since Mexico - that may be a record.. I don't think I've gone over a month without booze since I was 16!!! Needless to say, wine tasted soo good!!!
So, as all of you know, I started the C25K program last week. I'm not going to lie, I absolutely hate running. I'm only doing it b/c I know that running is a sure fire way to skinny(ier)!! You don't really ever see a chubbo running now do you?? So, I'm starting week 2 this week if I can ever get my hubs to get off the computer long enough to hit the gym (another first.. I'm actually asking him to go to the gym!! ha! ) and b/c of my new desire to be a runner, I signed up for a 5K today. My friend from Crate, Tracy sent me a message on FB and told me about the 5K she's doing in February (she's also doing the C25K and is a couple weeks ahead of me) so I figured, what the heck, might as well just dive right in and do it.. Now I have some major motivation.
And, in true Jen style (I never do anything halfway) Tim and I decided to sign up for the Great Urban Race the following weekend. It's not really a race (like running) but it is kind of a race around the town, ala Amazing Race.. we are looking for people to join us so if you are planning to come to Phoenix around Valentine's day, come join the fun!!!
Oh, now Timmy's ready to go to the gym.. can't lose my motivation... gotta run!!! (ha, pun intended!)
UPDATE - just got back from the gym.. man that was a beyotch... didn't help that on the way there, I realized that I had forgotten to change into my sports bra... wow, these jugs were definitely working against me... even Timmy said he looked over at me and saw them jumping up and down.. isn't he sweet?? :) I just gotta keep telling myself, "I think I can, I think I can..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment